“Dinner with daughter” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Oxford, Mississippi, United States
“Dinner with daughter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My 12 year old loved the Lamar Burger and fries and cleaned her plate. She is so hard to please but loved Lamar lounge .

• Visited June 2014

Batesville, Mississippi
“Coolest Place I Have Been to in a While!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

It is a blast from the past...looks like an old 70's lounge, complete with old-fashioned (bur working) cigarette machine! I like it a lot. Not only is it a bar, the food is great. We tried several appetizers and a Rueben sandwich. All of it was good...BBQ pork rinds, tamales, and the Rueben, which was strange because it didn't have kraut but slaw instead! It was pretty good though. We liked the fact that there was an older crowd and not the usual Oxford student crowd. I would recommend this place to anyone. I will be back.

• Visited May 2014
Oxford, Mississippi
“Smoked meats are a specialty at Lamar Lounge.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Boasting to be the only smoked pit whole hog bbq in Mississippi, Lamar Lounge serves pulled pork, smoked brisket, smoked sausage, smoked turkey and smoked jerk chicken. All items are excellent but the beef brisket and the chicken are our favorites. The sides include baked potato, fries, greens, and other choices. Fried apple pie, pecan pie and banana cream pie are offered as deserts. The bar belonged to Eddie Fisher, the 1950s singer/movie star. Since the original owners of the Lounge were the owners of Fat Possum Records, the Lounge has an excellent sound system for visiting performers. All profits from Lamar Lounge are donated to area not-for-profit organizations. Thank you, John.

• Visited June 2014
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“GOOD Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I went for lunch, had an excellent burger.
Fun little restaurant, look for the sign which says bar. I'd call ahead the place was full, we were lucky to get a table,
Had the sausage and cheese platter, followed by a really good burger, and I know a good burger, and this place makes a great burger. Free refills on sodas.
All good, I will go back. Service was also fantastic and friendly.

• Visited May 2014
Oxford, Mississippi
“Raw then burnt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Today I ordered a hamburger steak when it came out I can see blood in the gravy pressed on the burger and blood ran all out. The waiter took it back and when it came out it was burned so badly that I could not cut it with a fork. I turned it over and it was burned so badly the fork would not even penetrated. The waiter was very apologetic and embarrassed offered to give me anything else I wanted but at that time I wasn't hungry anymore they did not charge me for the meal. Having been in the restaurant business I don't see how any cook of any count would ever send out meat like that to a customer he/she wouldn't be working for me very long.

• Visited March 2014