“Here for Business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Oxford
Dallas, Texas
“Here for Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights 5 days. We were very pleased with our king size room. It was clean with no problems. The staff was friendly and service very good. This hotel is sitting off the main road and close to many restaurants and shops. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Oxford for a weekend while visiting our daughter at school. This was a weekend with NO football. It's very hard to get a hotel when football is going on. This hotel is very clean and safe. Probably one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in in Oxford. Staff is nice. Beds are comfortable and bathroom is nice.There is a free hot breakfast and it's satisfying. Traffic can be an issue as it is on Jackson near the busiest area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
tallahassee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The room was very clean and the staff very personable, but the conditioner in the bathroom had already been used and the coffee tasted watered down. Also, when we went down for breakfast the waffle maker was out of order. The shower head did not seem to fit with the shower itself as it leaked onto the floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oxford, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear lrr4604,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and staff very personable. On the other hand, I apologize for the bathroom issues you have encountered. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lee, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here with my son while we were on a college tour of the South. I had hoped to stay in Downtown Oxford, but there were no vacancies. I made my reservation at the HIE based on Tripadvisor reviews and I was completely satisfied with my choice. The hotel was very clean and our room was a good size. I'm not a great hotel sleeper, but I found the bed to be very comfortable and the pillows were just right....in fact, there were several different types of pillows on the bed so it was easy to find one that "worked". I had a great night sleep. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was what I expected. The hotel is just a few miles away from campus. Should my son decided to attend Ole Miss I will definitely return to the HIE.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor. We could hear people going to their cars....opening and closing c...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
The South
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here recently on a Sunday night. Unlike ballgame weekends, Oxford was deserted and so was the hotel! Which was really nice! This hotel is great, right off of Jackson Ave, close to many restaurants and not far from the University or the Square. Friendly and quick check in, we had room 122, right on the first floor. 2 queens, very large room, big enough bathroom with plenty of counter space. Super clean, quiet, comfortable bed. Breakfast was good, the typical, muffins, cereal, yogurts, juice. We'll stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dianne S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oxford, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic comments OleMiss91! I am excited to pass along this information to my staff and we can't wait to see you again soon! Ashley General Manager
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Had to drive to Oxford for a funeral. We made last minute reservations at the Holiday Inn Express. All of the staff were very nice. The property looks fairly new in an area near the university but a little farther drive from downtown Oxford. Room was clean. Breakfast was included and it was acceptable. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Travelers4rwe thank you very much for your helpful comments! I am happy to pass along this information to my staff and we can't wait to see you again soon! Ashley General Manager
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I love this hotel. It is always comfortable, bed and pillows are perfect, air conditioner and heat work well. Breakfast is always great and plentiful. Staff always treats me very well and takes care of any issues that arise, which are very very few! I highly recommend this hotel. It has been recently remodeled although it was not bad before the remodel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Oxford? Share your experiences!