“PISSED..MANAGER REFUSE TO GIVE REFUND” 1 of 5 stars
Review of University Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oxford
University Inn
You added University Inn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 Frontage Road, Oxford, MS 38655   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oxford
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“PISSED..MANAGER REFUSE TO GIVE REFUND”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I came to oxford to surprise my sister who was involved in a horrific accident a few months back...I had no idea there was so much activity going on in oxford and there was no hotel available...this was the ONLY one so I booked for two days check in 02-21-14 check out 02-23-14. The first room had no heat, it was freezing, Second room leaks, stains, ceiling coming down, and by the third room I told the receptionist it was too cold to be walking with my children from room to room at 2am so I will just stay here even though it was just as disgusting..but she assured me I should get some money back but the manager had to do it and he was out of town. The manager wasn't there Sunday either and I had to come back to ga... I just called him apx. an hour ago and I was told...OH WELL, I CAN'T DO NOTHING FOR YOU! He was rude, didn't care and this place should be shut down...PLEASE ALL VISTORS TO OXFORD AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Natchez, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went for weekend to
Ole Miss Arkansas Game
Rooms had mold a terrible odor
People outside talking in foreign
Language , walked in cut on a fuzzy TV left the keys on the lamp table , and walked out paid
396.00 and left no way I could have stayed there WOW it is
Disgusting , we went to a friends condo and slept on the Floor
DO NOT STAY there

• Stayed November 2013
El Campo, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

With limited choices in Oxford on a home football game weekend I chose to stay at this property at the last minute. What a mistake. The hotel is in desperate need of a renovation and cleaning. The rooms smelled of mildew (there was mildew on the ceiling), the carpets were disgusting, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the a/c sounded like it was going to blow up, the linens were stained, and the shower would not drain. The only quality this hotel has is its proximity to the square and campus. This hotel was definitely not worth the rates charged on the game weekends. Do not stay at this hotel unless you are not bothered by any of the above.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'm presently at this hotel and no other rooms are avaiable in Oxford. Tried to switch! It's dirty, unkept, needs maintenance , noisy, people hanging around on balconies, loud music, linens scary, people are loud, light bulbs out, old and run down. Use to be a Days Inn. No standards or guidelines here! DO NOT STAY !

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! Oxford is such a great place , needs a complete redo!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had reserved a room here about two months ago and when I called a couple of days ahead of time to tell them of my late arrival they could not find my reservation. I had all the pertinent information and give it to the clerk. After looking for a few minutes he came back on and told me he did not have a reservation for me. He went on Days Inn's national website and they had booked me into the Days Inn in Oxford, England. The website that I booked from had the Mississippi address and photos and description on the page but it booked me in the wrong one. The clerk told me that this has happened on more than one occasion. I was fortunate in that he had a cancellation just a few minutes before I called and I was able to get a room. When I arrived to check in another man was in there with the same problem and one was holding on the phone with the same problem also. Days Inn needs to correct this problem from their national office. There must be a glitch in the booking software. Of course being it was a football weekend the hotel jacked the price up to four times the normal rate and for a room at this hotel at that price is a shame for sure. The clerk was very helpful but the room was not very clean, the towels are like sandpaper, and the continental breakfast was probably the poorest that I have ever had. If you have any other choice I would recommend that you stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: For a ballgame weekend book a year in advance and and book somewhere else if you can.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I was here for a buisness conference and had the worst hotel experince I've ever had. The room smelled of mildew and had mold growing in various spots. The paint on the walls was chipped and the carpet appeared as though it had NEVER been cleaned. The bedding also appeared as if it had NEVER been cleaned; it was stained and ripped all over. The worst part of the whole stay was finding bed bugs in my room. All in all, a horrible hotel experience. Would NOT recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Jackson, MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Had to make a last minute reservation and all other nearby hotels were booked. I can now see why Days Inn had vacancies even in this small town where hotel rooms can be hard to come by on a weekend.

Service was pleasant enough, and the lobby was clean and well lit, but this is an old, dirty hotel otherwise. The room was musty and dank, the a/c unit was loud and ineffective. I found dark stains on the sheets and multiple stains on all bath towels. The hand towels and waschloths were clearly old and needed to be thrown away. The bathroom and toilet were old and filthy and the toilet leaked onto the floor. The shower did not drain properly. The sheets and comforters were old and smelled bad. Refrigerator worked, however.

The continental breakfast is just. What was there was served in a dirty room, the trash wasn't emptied, and the coffee was dreadful and old.

I suspect any other hotel in Oxford would be preferable to the Days Inn. Avoid if you can.

Room Tip: A room in the back is likely quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford Conference Center
Holiday Inn Batesville
Holiday Inn Batesville
#2 of 8 in Batesville
4.0 of 5 stars 75 reviews

Been to University Inn? Share your experiences!