“I was bored” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Madison, Wisconsin
“I was bored”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Service was average, now I sent upstairs to the bar, and was very disappointed...had one drink and headed out

Visited April 2012

52% Recommend
Bruce, Mississippi
“Best Place in Oxford for Blues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Watch their calendar and you will be able to pick atleast a couple of nights a week of Musicians you want to hear and see. I like the fact that the music is upstairs and away from the dining area.

Visited March 2012
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Classless manager... Poor service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Could not believe the level of service I, family and friends experienced on our visit to Rooster's while visiting Oxford on 2/24/12. We chose to have lunch there at Roosters. We were a party of 11 in which only 5 of us were served after 50 minutes of waiting. No one ever refilled our drink orders. (in fact, I refilled my own drink order aver asking twice for a refill). Our entire party was very patient and exhibited extreme courtesy in trying to not become impatient with our service. As mentioned earlier, only 5 received our food. 2 other orders came out wrong(wrong sides), in which the plates were picked up and simply taken to another table. We were later told that one of orders had not been charged to our tab and that IF we still wanted it, we would be charged for it with another ticket. When we ask to speak to the manager, he came out and made the statement, "whats the problem?". When explained, he accused us of being aggressive to his workers.. When I asked what he meant, he said that he had observed one of us yelling at one of his servers. Then he said, "In fact, I think it was you..". I explained to him that we were all professionals and that none of us would conduct ourselves in that manner. (Our party consisted of 3 teachers, 1 retired teacher, 1 newspaper journalist, 1 county supervisor, 1 nurse, and a hospital administrator). He then told one of the ladies, "I don't make mistakes. Step on out. There will be no refunds."

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

My son and I had dinner there on my last night in Oxford. It was a Friday night and luckily we had no wait to be seated, we did arrive a little early, around 6:30. Service was good, but I was a little surprised that they were out of house chardonnay on a Fri evening so I chose a pinot grigio it was just fair. I had the fried catfish and my son ordered the meatloaf. Our meals came out of the kitchen in a timely manner however my green beans and mashed potatoes were just room temperature. Everything had very good flavor and I did enjoy the food. My son loved his meat loaf and especially the mac and cheese that came as one of his sides. The cost of our two meals with a wine and a beer totaled $35 not including tip.

Visited November 2011
Oxford, Mississippi
“Never Fails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I make it to roosters at least twice a week, especially during happy hour for half off appetizers and monday wings, tuesday half off steaks and 5 dollar burger&fries on wednesdays. The normal menu can get a little pricey but know how to work the system, eat the great food, drink the cold beer and stare at the pretty girls working

• Visited August 2011