“Fresh good tasting food🍴🌟” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 137 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Bagels
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
McKinney, Texas
“Fresh good tasting food🍴🌟”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were in Oxford on a college tour. This little place was vey close to where we parked in downtown. Upon entering we were greeted by the friendly staff and seated immediately. The decor is eclectic along with the table and chairs, there is a counter with seats like an old diner. The menu has breakfast and lunch items, we had lunch which was very fresh and tasty. The cookies were good too . The guys that run this place know how to take care of customers, our wait staff thought he took too long in taking our order and would not let us pay upon leaving! I would be a return customer for sure if I lived anywhere near this place.

• Visited July 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“Our favorite place in Oxford no more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

NOTE: This incident happened on June 25, 2013. I sent a version of this review via private message to the Bottletree Bakery's facebook account immediately after it happened a year ago. However, I have not heard anything from them so I am choosing to post it here in hopes that perhaps the service can improve at our favorite Oxford eatery.

My family and I are from all over Mississippi and Alabama and make it a priority to stop at this wonderful bakery any time we are in Oxford. Today was my mother's 61st birthday, and we were visiting my grandfather in Tunica. She requested lunch at Bottletree and a stroll through the square to celebrate. We have always had a lovely experience and been loyal customers. However, our experience today has made me wonder if we will ever come back. We arrived during lunchtime, checked in on Facebook, and sat at the booth in the back. We waited a long time before I checked with a waitress to make sure someone saw us. She did not apologize but snapped that she would be there shortly. Our customer service did not improve. When two items I ordered were unavailable (chicken salad and BBQ chips) there was no apology or alternative. Overall, the waitstaff was unhelpful and unfriendly. They brought our ticket mid-meal (without asking if we wanted desert, which we did) and made us feel rushed. They also appeared to be upset with one another. I observed one waiter taking off his gloves, slamming them on the counter and storming off to the back.

This behavior made us feel unwelcome and eager to leave, which is the opposite of what you desire for a birthday lunch. I hope this feedback is helpful since we don't want to stop going somewhere we love so much.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
tallahassee
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

What a great place for breakfast. Although they don't have a traditional breakfast, the pastries are fabulous. I try and get something different everytime I visit and I am never disappointed. This is a must place to go when you visit Oxford. The coffee is awesome and I always take some home with me.

• Visited March 2014
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Great place to go for breakfast...highly recommend the Swiss/ham croissant & cinnamon roll. Very busy on game day weekends & you might have to stand for 10-15 minutes, but we'll wait every time. Great atmosphere & reminiscent of old town Oxford.

Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“Out of salad?!?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

First off, I appreciate that the Bottletree Bakery is an independently run place with fresh and amazing food. We went for lunch and they were out of salad. There are only a few salads on the menu, and had none available. We all ended up with really good sandwiches, fresh and yummy, but no lettuce to be found. The service was fine, the place is very cute. Four for lunch was over $50 for sandwiches, non-alcoholic drinks and cookies, which we found a bit steep.

• Visited August 2013