“awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 142 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Cafe, Bagels
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
tallahassee
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

What a great place for breakfast. Although they don't have a traditional breakfast, the pastries are fabulous. I try and get something different everytime I visit and I am never disappointed. This is a must place to go when you visit Oxford. The coffee is awesome and I always take some home with me.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Great place to go for breakfast...highly recommend the Swiss/ham croissant & cinnamon roll. Very busy on game day weekends & you might have to stand for 10-15 minutes, but we'll wait every time. Great atmosphere & reminiscent of old town Oxford.

Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“Out of salad?!?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

First off, I appreciate that the Bottletree Bakery is an independently run place with fresh and amazing food. We went for lunch and they were out of salad. There are only a few salads on the menu, and had none available. We all ended up with really good sandwiches, fresh and yummy, but no lettuce to be found. The service was fine, the place is very cute. Four for lunch was over $50 for sandwiches, non-alcoholic drinks and cookies, which we found a bit steep.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, Mississippi
“Just an All 'round awesome place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Recently moved to Oxford and I have been discovering the town little by little. I've eaten at several different places and the Bottletree bakery is BY FAR my favorite place!
The atmosphere is just awesome. When I ate there, they were pretty busy. It was a after church Sunday rush. But the cooks and servers were working together so easily; singing and dancing around like it was nothing.
The food was really good as well! And very different. I will try everything on that menu.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“I think our server was high or just really stupid...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Oh my, oh my, oh my, the service here is horrible, our server truly may have been high (let's give her the benefit of the doubt here and that she wasn't just plain stupid). A party of 4 adults and one baby sat down and were received by a look of shock and disregard from the waitress. This initially should have left us running for the door, but we preserved. We all ordered coffee and breakfast pastries, which all ended up on the bill, just not the table. The waitress never checked back on us to see if we got everything or if we needed help. In fact, she never came back period. We had to order our missing items from the counter and bring them back to the table ourselves. The pastry items were good, but the bagel with cream cheese, capers, and smoked salmon was swimming in capers. I think the whole jar of capers must have been on that bagel.

On the plus side, it was child friendly. Would definitely not go back for the service, but might do take away.

• Visited June 2013