“Great place for a good nights sleep in a clean room!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book AAA and save 10%
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Olive Branch
Southern California
“Great place for a good nights sleep in a clean room!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

This is not a five star resort, and it's not supposed to be. What it is supposed to be is an affordable clean place to hang your hat while you're away from home.

This hotel was given a face lift about 18 months ago and it really needed it. There are some signs of wear again, but overall, it's clean, comfortable, safe and convenient.

Aside from the basic room, this hotel has an indoor pool and Jacuzzi, meeting rooms, and a fitness center (albiet, it's VERY basic - a couple of treadmills, a stepper, stationary bike, and some weights).

This Hampton Inn is just off Hwy 78 at Goodman Road - so it's an easy off and on the road.

The hotel does have a breakfast buffet, and an evening happy hour (sans alcohol) but for meals, it is near several chain eateries: Applebys, McDonalds, Burger King, Buffalo Wild Wings, Wendy's, O'Charlies, Chili's and MacAllister's...

If dining out is not in your budget, it's also very close to Kroger and Wal-mart - and a Target not to far away.

I think the best amenity this hotel has to offer is their main front desk person - Michael. I have been staying at this hotel for business for the better part of 5 years and Michael always greets me, usually by name as I walk in the door.

Travelling for business is not very glamorous; at times its kind of depressing - but I can always count on Hampton Inn for a clean place to lay my head and to provide warmth and familiarity while I'm away from those I love.

Room Tip: I suggest staying on the second or third floor as the ground floor rooms overlook the parking lot an...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed at the hotel 4 different weeks over a month and half time period. The hotel is located in area that has a backyard burger, mcdonalds, Kroger, taco bell, ocharley's, chillis, buffalo wild wings etc. So there options for dining. There is also a steakhouse nearby that I did not hear good things about. Virtually everything you need is very close by and convenient. You are withing walking distance of several of these restaurants. The staff was friendly overall. One of the ladies in the morning wasn't as friendly was on her cell phone a lot and did not greet visitors. However the other people working there off set her. The room was spacious and well kept. They have flat screen tvs that look great on the HD channels but horrible on the non HD channels. The breakfast was typical and plentiful. They also had h'ordeuvres which I never was able to eat because I worked to late to get there on time. Only really had one major issue with my room during the 4 weeks. My AC unit went out and they could not fix it. I had to move rooms which was a big hassle. I had no problems the other weeks though. The beds were very comfortable, and I slept like a baby which I can't say very often when I travel. Overall though I would say the good outweighed the bad, I would stay there again, but when they build the Hilton garden Inn behind it, I will stay there instead.

Room Tip: The parking was not very well planned out. Ask for a room near one of the entrances in the back.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn in Olive Branch. There was an empty medicine bottle in the corner of the room near the air conditioner. We found a hair in the bathtub, on the bathroom floor, and in the bed. The hall had a odor to it that was not pleasing.
I will say the decor was up to date, but they needed to take better care of their wallpaper and worn out hall carpet.
The lady working the breakfast area was very pleasant and did a wonderful job.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wichita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011 via mobile

I've stayed for two ten day stints at this location and we have had several other employees stay at other locations close by, but ended up back here.

This is what I'd call a 3-star hotel. If you're looking for 5-star accommodations - keep looking.

Myself, I feel most all of the staff were very friendly, some exceptionally so! The breakfast is plentiful, and well beyond the usual "complimentary" sort. Also, they mixed it up from day to day on the hot selections.

My room was clean and the service occurred in a timely manner, never disturbing me after a days work.

There are several great restaurants close by, a Kroger, and Gas.

I was very happy with my stay and intend to stay again on future trips!

-Vaughn

• Stayed November 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011 via mobile

Breakfast is marginal - for the price, I expected better.

Slow wireless with no ethernet option.

Not enough parking and parking behind the building was poorly lit.

All facilities were nice and clean, including the room. Bed was comfortable. Well constructed, I believe concrete floors on all levels, so nice and quiet.

• Stayed October 2011
Oakland City, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed here on a family weekend trip to Memphis. We booked a suite, which turned out to be a normal room with a pull out couch. We had to get a rollaway bed for our third child. The room was a bit crowded for 5 people. If we had been alone, it would have been fine. The room was clean. The front desk staff was very helpful in finding a roll away bed, extra blankets and towels. The breakfast was waffles, eggs, sausage and cereals. They were not very good at keeping things refilled. This hotel was okay, but I would choose to stay somewhere else the next time just because of the space.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011 via mobile

Clean but is in need of refurbishing. Staff is friendly. Although, we never received the rollaway we requested. Hot bfast was not very good. Muffins, yogurt, etc were ok.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Hampton Inn Olive Branch? Share your experiences!