“Everything was Good, for the most part!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Olive Branch
Lima, Ohio
“Everything was Good, for the most part!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Overall the property was nice, the rooms were very nice except they were not ready at the 3pm check-in. After driving 13 hours we were a little disappointed. Check-in went smooth, the rooms were real nice. I inquired in regards to the renovation or was it newly built. For 11 years old they did a heck of a job! Very modern and clean. Interacted briefly with some members of house keeping, very friendly, very nice "Good Morning" upon leaving my room! Made for a good morning till check-out!

The down side...
I booked two rooms with 2 adults in one, and 2 adults and two children under 6 in the other. My prepay online price was 99.99 per room plus tax (217.98). Standard adult occupation, no extras! Had I not been so tired when I signed the agreement at check-in, I was charged above the online rate and was told their was an additional adult charge? My new charge was $261.58, I inquired after check-in and got nowhere with the staff on duty. I then inquired at check-out and was informed I screwed up in making my on-line reservation and payment. Booking on-line is pretty much cut and dry, but after arguing and pointing out there was no EXTRA adult other than the 2 in each room my credit was credited.

I guess my advice would to be double check the rates at booking, check-in and then check-out. I would not have guessed that there would be OTHER charges for adults that did not travel with me. Aside from this issue everything was good!

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are better, we ended up on the ground floor and could hear the people on the secon...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Horrible front desk attendants, and room service. Rude, unprofessional and very unaccommodating. Do not go if you want a friendly staff. Entire staff was very racist (towards Caucasian guests) and very unwilling to help with anything concerning things from toilet paper for the room to directions to a nice restaurant. I have read other reviews, however I am stunned at the high marks. I have stayed at many hotels and I have never written a review for any of them. Beware of this location, there is another Holiday Inn Express a few miles from this location, and that one is in a much better location for restaurants and things to do.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olive Branch, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Jeff R,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to improve the service we provide.

I am disappointed to hear that the service you received was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction you had with our level of service and deeply regret that we were unable to deliver the highest level of service that our guests deserve. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brookfield, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

the room was great it was large and the bed very comfy blackout curtains nice ,pool was chilly but we enjoyed it until the cigarette smoke drove us out,we thought that the entire property was no smoking but that was not the case in the pool area on our visit,disappointed with that,the breakfast room was large and had a huge selection very nice to have more choices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very nice motel with comfortable beds. Nice breakfast selection. Just the stop we needed after driving back to Kansas from Florida. Very courteous man at check-in. Will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I, with our two teenagers, stayed here on our way to Florida for our summer vacation. I researched places online, and the reviews were right on.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel lobby, eating area, and our room were all very clean. I always do a "bed bug check" upon arriving in a hotel room and was pleased that there was no evidence of any pests. I didn't expect there would be.

Breakfast was nice with eggs, sausage links, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, cereal, pastries, delicious cinnamon rolls, etc. And free of course.

The only negative thing was that the elevator became out of service the afternoon that we arrived and we needed to carry our bags up a flight of steps to our room.

We chose a suite for a few dollars more to give us a little more sleeping space since it had two queen beds and a sofa sleeper. It was quiet and relaxing.

We hadn't stayed in a Holiday Inn for a few years, but after this great experience, we'll be staying in one again soon! It was a nice start to our family vacation!

• Stayed June 2013
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here as the mid-point between Georgia and Kansas. The hotel decor is very bright. It looks a little like it was designed by the runner up in HGTV's design star - a lot of modern going on up in there for Mississippi. But we did not go there for the interior design. The hotel is new and has nice comfy beds and good showers. A very good stop over for one night. We didn't notice any excessive noise. Breakfast was above average for a hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Muldrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I reviewed other comments by Trip Advisor and made the choice to stay at this location. I am also a Priority Club member as well. Location was perfect for anybody that wants to be close to Memphis without staying in Memphis...My room was very clean, nice beds, flat screen t.v. Managers reception was fully stocked and the attendant was very nice and made sure that everybody had enough snacks. The breakfast the following morning was the normal offerings from HI. I really enjoy the coffee...better than paying extra at Starbucks. I will stay at this location again and would recomend for those traveling and looking for a clean, safe, area outside of Memphis. Food options nearby in Olive Branch and Southaven are plentiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olive Branch? Share your experiences!