“This was a very out of date motel. It actually felt like I...” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Ocean Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Pierce
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

pretty average place couldn't park near my room and someone tried to break into my U-Haul trailer in the night

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Audubon, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I Cant Believe anybody can give this motel a higher rating then a 1 or 2..My wife and I stayed here for seven days in May..I knew going in it was NOT going to be the Waldorf Historia..But even a cheap motel has to be halfway clean and somewhat comfortable..So lets start with all the bad things about this motel and Im not nitpicking or complaining,,I am just stating the facts..First off I would be ashamed to book and stay here with another couple..Parking on the backside of the motel is horrible,it butts up to the Holiday Inn express so on the weekends forget it,there is no parking and you don't even know which parking lot belongs to which motel..The pool picture is deceiving,,its horrible,,and its about 10ft by 10ft or the size of large old hot tub and it was NOT open or filled the week we stayed there,,Its also in a bad part of the motel parking lot..And it does NOT look inviting in any way shape or form..The 2nd floor ice machine was NOT working..The door to our room was hard to open and when closed did not fit into frame properly and it let a lot of light into the room,and one of the inside locks was broken..The portable refrigerator and microwave did work ok but the refrigerator was a little loud at night and woke me up at times..All the furniture was old and there were stains on the rugs and walls..The bedding was very cheap but we managed to sleep in it..The shower area was very dark and dingy even with the light on,,and the shower fan did NOT work but the worst part about the shower is that the shower head is mounted so low that I had to bend in half just to wash off my head,it was very uncomfortable..I don't understand why a lot of these cheap motels don't trash the 1995 tube televisions the picture quality is horrible and blurry..Now for the best part,,the toilet would stuff up after doing a below average number 2..Management was nice about it and did offer to change our room but I just did not feel like packing up everything just to run into more problems in a different room,especially since the air conditioner worked so well in the room they gave us..Thank goodness the maid service was nice enough to leave me a plunger..Now for the good parts of this motel..Everybody that works there is very nice and accommodating but its like they have to be because they know how bad this place really is..The continental breakfast was okay and it was fresh everyday,,Oh I almost forgot all the light bulbs and the wifi did work in the room we stayed in but the hairdryer was missing so we had to get one from the office..There is a Waffle House and fast food as well as a convenience store walking distance from the motel..But Honestly,this motel room is NOT worth more than $29.95 a night and not a penny more..Its good for a last minute one night stay by a trucker..I wish I could say better about this motel because I booked it after reading of some of the reviews..Geeze even these write ups are deceiving This Days Inn does sit in an area that is a short drive to everything good that Southern Mississippi has to offer but this motel needs a lot of sprucing up and repairs to make it worthwhile for my wife and I to ever want to stay here again...:(

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lynn Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very good area and very friendly staff. Roscoe and Jeremy were on point with their customer service skills. They were very well trained and I will stay at this location again. The bed was very soft and did not suit well with my aches and pains but other than that, all was well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Ocean Springs Days Inn? Share your experiences!