“I love everything except the pizza.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Description: Telephone Number: 228-875-7071
Description: Telephone Number: 228-875-7071
Gautier, Mississippi
“I love everything except the pizza.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I always get one of their excellent pasta dishes when I eat here but the server said that I should try their pizza next time. I did. And I really wish I hadn't. Doughy crust that should have stayed in the oven a little longer. It tasted okay but was a mess to eat. I'll stick to pasta and appetizers. But the service was stellar as usual and the Caesar salad is hard to beat.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Surprised this place is still in business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My first visit at Salvetti's will definitely be my last. The food is horrible. I ordered pasta with vodka sauce. The sauce was watery and didn't taste like they cooked the vodka down. So I got it replaced with alfredo. Unfortunately the alfredo sauce was watery too. The bread and salad that comes with it is nothing to rave about either. The only good thing about my experience is that I had a nice waitress.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancleave, Mississippi, United States
“Nasty food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Food was over cooked and when I complained, the cook argued that it was supposed to be fried so hard you couldn't eat it.

Visited March 2013
Gautier, Mississippi
“Love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The food is great and the service is great. My only advice is to steer clear during lunchtime on weekdays. I love the music (ala Godfather) they play but you can't hear it or your dining partner because of the raucous conversation of the other patrons. I've worked at a shipyard for 30+ years and my eating behavior is hands down better than what I've seen here. But I've never had bad service or a bad meal. If it's red and on penne, I'm there!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hattiesburg
“Horrible Customer Service/Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The owner/manager preferred to argue with me when I mentioned my concern for paying $14.95 for about a cup of pasta, side order. She was rude and didn't take into consideration that her server communicated the menu wrong. Very disgusted with the horrible attitude. I don't know how she stays in business. Food was average, at best.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere