“Our best get-a-away..always keep coming back.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Gulf Hills Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Gulf Hills Hotel & Conference Center
13701 Paso Road, Ocean Springs, MS 39564   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Ocean Springs
“Our best get-a-away..always keep coming back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

Once again our stay was wonderful. We got away at the last minute. I called on Friday afternoon for a room and just in conversation mentioned that it was our anniversary. Upon entering our room not only did we realized we had a suit but there was a chilled bottle of champagne! I thought my husband had arranged it and he thought it was me. Thank you staff of Gulf Hills!!!

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Madison, ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

This facility has been in business for many years. Was once known as a dude ranch. It's now a hotel/conference/golfing facility. It's located adjacent to the Biloxi back bay and I was there for a kayak race. This was my first visit here and I was concerned about what damage had been done by hurricane Katrina. I was impressed.... it's as though Katrina never happened. The hotel is not new but it is in excellent condition and is well maintained. The buildings and grounds are neat, clean, and well landscaped. This is not a luxury hotel. The hotel room was a standard single room, two bed, with bath. The bathroom was small with a dated toilet but with an upgraded shower, all clean and sanitary. The free continental breakfast was entirely adequate. The check in and out was convenient and friendly. The convention facilities are very nice. I did not check out the golf facilities but the course and facilities looked great and there were a good many golfers. There is a very nice and large swimming pool and a tennis area.I make several annual trips to the Mississippi coast and will be staying here in the future. The location is very convenient to all of the MS coast casinos and many fine restaurants.

Room Tip: Golf course view on one side and tennis court view on the other. Because of the location there are n...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel was away from the beach and casino's which made it very peaceful. The staff were accomodating and friendly. The rooms were basic and clean. We didn't have a chance to try the gold course, it rained the only day we could play. The best part was the price, very affordable.

Room Tip: I would stay on the 2nd floor and on the backside, I think they call it the bayou side the most quie...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
windsor ontario canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

great location, close to restaurants, shops, casinos and beaches. close, but far enough to be nice and quiet by the golf course. very clean, and nice to have a fridge, microwave and fast free wifi.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We have stayed here several times now and have yet to be disappointed. We had a charming room with a king bed, table and two chairs, desk and chair plus a refrigerator, stove, sink and even a dishwasher! They have a nice continental breakfast. The golf course is in great shape and they offer a discount for hotel guests! Ocean Springs has so many nice restaurants. We enjoyed an antique car show this time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling thru the area and decided to stay the night here. The rates were reasonable the room was clean and slightly bigger that the standard hotel. My only complaint was the curtains were shear and anyone could see into your room and there was a light just outside our window that shined into our room. We did find the continental breakfast to be satisfying!

• Stayed August 2011
Metairie, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I got this hotel room through an online auction to help renew the Gulf Coast business after the BP Oil Spill so when I got there and saw that the price of my room was over $200 I was astounded. The drive into the resort area is beautiful through a winding tree canopied back street and the main registration house is elegant and worthy of Elvis's summers but the adjoining hotel rooms are just average. The bed was firm (good for me but a little too firm for my boyfriend) and the t.v. reception has a lot of white noise but the view from our window over-looking the bay was refreshing. If the stay at Gulf Hills was just about the accommodations, the stay would be bland, but the staff and the residents that regularly use the Country Club are really something great. They have a saying that you "Arrive as guests but leave as family" and I can attest that statement to be true. We had great impromptu conversation at the pool with club residents and the staff were warm and engaging. Even the custodial staff were all southern charm. This is certainly a place you can relax and unwind with people that quickly become friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over-looking the bay.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Gulf Hills Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!