“Service needs a lot of work” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bistro, Winery
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Moss Point
“Service needs a lot of work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

A group of friends went on a Tuesday at lunch. There was only one other table with customers. We were there for over an hour. When I asked the server for our check she told me I would have to wait until she got around to it. I was shocked. Needless to say none of our group has been back. Food was good but service needs major improvements.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Gulfport, Mississippi
“Great food, looong wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Ok, maybe it was just the time of day to blame- mid-afternoon on a Tuesday... I'm not sure but we did not expect to wait nearly an hour for our food or would definitely have gone elsewhere! When we walked in there was no hostess in site, after a few awkward minutes we were finally seated, but without menus or flatware. We had a very sweet and pretty waitress but the wait would have been alot easier had she checked on us even once. Food was excellent nonetheless, prices weren't bad and the outside deck is absolutley beautiful!!

Rice was undercooked and hard in my gumbo, likely due to the fact we went inside and asked how much longer we would have to wait...pretty sure it doesn't take an hour to cook rice though! I think this place has great potential with just a little tweaking

• Visited June 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

May 22, 2012
Porter Avenue Bistro
Ocean Springs, MS

So, for Girls Night Out this week we picked the Porter Avenue Bistro! If you haven't been to this one yet you really need to seek it out - it's fantastic!

There was a small crowd, but we were seated immediately! It took a while to get my drink order, but after that the waitress was prompt with our meal and re-fills. The atmosphere was very relaxing and comfortable.

I decided to have the Soft-Shelled Crabs appetizer, the note said "share two" ... but let me tell you when they arrived at the table these were absolutely HUGE! We each only ate a half of one and they were divinely delicious and cooked perfectly; I definitely want to have these again and again YUM!

I also ordered the Crunchy Gumbo (I've been trying to find some place that makes their gumbo the way we use to be able to get it at any restaurant on the Point in Biloxi) - the flavor was wonderful and it was as good as 'Point" gumbo. And to make it even better the three jumbo shrimp on top were excellent.

I decided to have the Shrimp and Grits for my entree'. The flavor was phenomenal but I was very disappointed with the 'grits' part of this item - they were more of a cornbread ball in the middle of the plate. The unforgivable part was that the bottom of the grits/cornbread was burnt (ugh).

Vicky settled on the Ole Frenchie which is the roast beef Po-boy, pressed the way we like them! This Po-boy was fabulous, it just tasted great! Heidi had the burger fixed the Dixie way,, which had onion string on top. She just loved this burger.

This was one great meal for us on Girls Night Out and we are all going back with our significant others for another meal here!

www.coastcuisine.blogspot.com

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Thomas
“Service was lacking. Be ready to wait.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Staff tried but was slow. Everything took longer than it should. The food was good but you need to pack a lunch.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gulfport, MS
“Yummy food, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We went to eat on a Sat evening around 5:00. It wasn't crowded, had no problem getting a table. The waiter was absolutely the best. We both had fish dishes, in fact, dishes they had won awards for in last years Taste of Ocean Springs. I know why they received awards, both dishes were fabulous. What else to say - it was excellent and would definitely go back. Also we had a diners coupon and it was taken, no questions asked. For desert definitely try the fried strawberrries, absolutely fabulous!!

• Visited April 2012