“Great place just over the bridge.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Crosby, Texas
“Great place just over the bridge.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were looking for a place to eat late one night while visiting Biloxi. Most places had a bit of a wait. We drove over the bridge and decided to stop here, About an hour to closing time(hate doing that), but the staff was nice and took our large party in graciously. Every thing we ordered was very good, service was great. Will visit again if we make it back to Biloxi.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great place for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had the half roast beef and gravy po'boy, glad I didn't order the full one! It was sloppy and tasty, fries crisp and brown.
My friend ordered fish and shrimp, her blackened fish was great, but she said the shrimp tasted like dirty water.
Nice view of the water and birds.

Visited February 2014
Kirtland, New Mexico
“Not as good as the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice now. Both times for lunch. Good seafood but certainly not the best. The service is good. The lunch specials are a good value. I'm not sure I would pay the dinner prices. I have heard they have good a good breakfast. I'd be willing to give them a chance on breakfast but wouldn't need to go bad for lunch.

Visited February 2014
“Disappointed with food and atmosphere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

First time in Biloxi and really wanted seafood, thought Mcelroys would be a good choice. We arrived around 7, first clue should have been the half empty parking lot on Valentines. We were quickly seated in a large room with tables and chairs, from way back been. Very blah! Waitress quickly took out order, she seemed to be in robot mode, no personality, no smile. Received our food quickly, just a couple degrees above room temp. I ordered crab claws and shrimp which had absolutely no flavor, what a let down. Salad which was included, one small tomatoe, 2 slices of cucumber , croutons and saying one cup of iceberg lettuce would be exaggerating. $51 wasted.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sun City, Arizona
“Breakfast was good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We ate breakfast here with local folks and enjoyed the experience. I had the Shrimp and Grits and must say they were the best I've ever had. The large triangle of grits was pan fried and topped with shrimp in a delicious spicy cream sauce. Hubby wasn't real pleased with his breakfast choice of eggs, one small sausage patty and not-quite-cooked frozen hash browns. Our friends seems satisfied with their omelets, however. The water scenery outside was pretty through the large windows and the staff were attentive and friendly. Not sure we'll return...but I sure did like the Shrimp and Grits!

• Visited January 2014