“Tish is AWESOME” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Albany
Chicago, Illinois
“Tish is AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend as I was in town for a funeral and I botched some things on my room reservations, but Tish who was smiling as soon as I entered the door was there to help! She straightened things out for me and relieved me of much stress and burden and made me feel very welcome even though I kept having to refer back to her from my mistakes. Because of her, I'll be back if I ever come back into town. If anyone else has and hesitancy about this hotel, it was clean, the food was good, and Tish is AWESOME!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charleston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were greeted as we came in as Platinum Priority Club members, but they were out of the water/gift one usually receive on our arrival. We stayed in a king executive room, which was smaller than we would like, but sufficed for our overnight stay. The bathroom was quite small also. The breakfast was the typical hie breakfast,, but a manager checked on us as well as offered to take our used plates away. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, & we would stay again if we are passing through for an overnight stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Batesville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was looking for a room for 4 with easy accessibility for my mother, who uses a walker. Ashley really worked with me on finding a room that was comfortable and close to an exit. We ended up with a spacious, clean room that worked for everyone. Thanks, Ashley, for spending extra time to make us happy after a very long day of traveling!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in a king suite. I loved it. the room was excellent. We had four people staying there and several family members visit us and there was more than enough room for everybody to visit. The room was huge. Breakfast was awesome and the staff was excellent!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here for three nights while visiting children. Was immediately recognized as a Priority Club Platinum Member upon check-in. All the staff members were very friendly and attentive to all our needs and requests. Being in the deep south with the high humidity the rooms felt a bit damp but I expected this since I used to live in the area. The breakfast had a great variety each morning. Parking can be a bit tricky if you get back to the hotel late at night. But I have seen a lot worst at other properties. Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugar Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel is updated and guest rooms are clean. Breakfast is great with many options. My only complaint is they don't have adequate staff over the weekend to accommodate the number of guests in the breakfast room. Many times we had to wait for eggs, sausage, biscuits, etc. to be replenished Also, the pancake machine broke down on our 2nd day there and remained broken through the week. It is local to Walmart and other shops so if you forgot your swimsuit (as I did) you can run out and pick one up. There's a great southern barbecue diner down the highway a few miles, and several other restaurants and fast-food within walking distance.

Room Tip: We asked for a non-smoking room, as we normally do, and there was no smell of tobacco in the room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Albany, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear dlynch913,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Enjoyed the stay, all was good, too include a very good breakfast. A great new mexican rest. just around the corner. Both places on our recommendation list. Everyone we spoke with at this stop was very kind, helpful and polite.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Albany? Share your experiences!