“Perfect Place for Lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in New Albany
Cuisines: American
New Albany, Mississippi
“Perfect Place for Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Service is always great and the food is wonderful.....try the Crawfish Po-Boy and put a little Tabasco on it....yum!

Visited May 2013

Fayetteville, Tennessee
“Wonderful Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

While visiting family in New Albany, I decided to try out Tallahatchie Gourmet. It's just off Main Street and has a wonderful selection of home cooked meals. I visited at lunch and had the blue plate special consisting of meat loaf, squash casserole, pinto beans, and corn poppers. I ordered at the counter and took a number to my table. The waitress promptly brought out my tea followed shortly by my meal which was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere inviting. Tallahatchie Gourmet will definitely be a regular stop on my visits to New Albany.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I was passing through New Albany and wanted to eat somewhere unique to the town so I was recommended this place by an old friend who lives there. The plate lunch was very good and affordable! The staff was very attentive and the lunch crowd was a good size. I will make a return trip when traveling through north Mississippi again.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great lunch menu and wonderful takeout for all occasions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We eat lunch at Tallahatchie Gourmet every time we are in New Albany. Great sandwiches, salads, po'boys and daily specials. The shrimp and grits are as good as you'll ever eat.

They have an extensive menu for take-out or any type of event you are planning. They did the food for a memorial service we had for my mother. They worked with me on the phone (I live out of State) and via the Internet, helping me select a menu that included traditional Southern dishes, along with a variety of other dishes. Their menu included, an amazing selection of casseroles, main food dishes like grilled or baked chicken breasts, grilled pork chops or pork tenderloin served with your choice of vegetables, delicious desserts, fresh fruit dishes, fajitas or BBQ, even finger sandwiches! Don't forget to have them make their scratch biscuits...Their chicken salad is amazing!

Their desserts include a mixed dessert tray, peach cobbler and ice cream, banana pudding, and if that's not enough, they'll make whatever you want!

• Visited September 2011