“Great place for supplemental pieces!” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Shops
Activities: Shopping
Attraction Details
The South
“Great place for supplemental pieces!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

Peter's is a great place to go for supplemental pieces.

I personally L-O-V-E McCarty pottery in MS just down the road from Peter's. That's where the Peter's brother's learned their "trade" from Mr. McCarty.

When I found out about Peter's I was thrilled to be able to get accompaning pieces to my existing collection that blended well.

I typically purchase the "nutmeg brown" pieces from Peters because they match so well with the other McCarty pieces I own. I don't find that the blue or the green jade colors that Peter's produces are as bright and vibrant.

Peter's does have some beautiful items that McCarty doesn't (i.e. egg tray, etc.). So I'm grateful that I have this location for supplements! I do however believe (and I may be wrong but, I don't think so if you look at the pieces individually) that the animals are from "molds" they are not original designs.

Bottom line...enjoy Peter's but, if you purchase an animal don't expect to get an original design (you'll get an original color).
However, if you get other items....ENJOY Them!

I love each and every piece I have in my collection!

Have a blessed day!

Hernando, Mississippi
27 attraction reviews
“A MUST during any trip to the MS Delta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

My mom and I always take a few trips to the Delta each year because we know we can find the perfect present (and a new piece of two for ourselves) each time we visit Peter's. We always have a wonderful time looking through his showroom because he has a large assortment of pieces on display and we especially enjoy seeing the new pieces he comes out with. We also enjoy speaking with Peter who is always friendly and helpful, which makes the trip even more enjoyable.

Jackson, MS
“Enthusiasm about Peter's Pottery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2007

Everybody should know that I am "prejudiced in favor" of the community since I was born there. But I agree completely that Peter's Pottery is a standout shop.

My wife buys something there every year or so, and has done so for the last four years. Prices are modest and the work is excellent.

A little side light, One mile south of the town on Highway 161 (which was Highway 61 before bypass was constructed) take an outside look at Jerusalem Baptist Church. Mr. Peter Woods, owner of Peter's Pottery, was one of the leaders who inspired the reconstruction of this church, so I am told.

Hwy61theDelta
“WOW!! Local Favorite!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2007

This place is a little known local favorite north of Cleveland, MS. Located just off of Hwy. 61 it is very easy to find and well worth the trip. Their pottery is very beautiful and reasonably price. The shop is very kid friendly and spacious. In fact they encourage the children’s questions and careful touching. If you are lucky you will get to meet and hear Peter's history. When planning a visit to the famous McCarty's--Don't buy a thing there until you visit Peter's down the road a bit. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Been to Peter's Pottery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Peter's Pottery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later