“Super deal!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hattiesburg
“Super deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Extremely helpful service! Honest!! They called and returned item left in room by mail for free!! Also saved drinks left in refrigerator for me to pick up a few hours after checking out. Went late to breakfast & lady heated some biscuits for me anyway! Room was great! Very clean, up to date, very well decorated, excellent condition with refrigerator & microwave & free Internet. Clean, new carpet, beautiful dressing area counter top, clean air conditioner, nice lounge chair in room, nice breakfast and breakfast area in lobby! Extremely reasonable rate for such excellent quality!!! Too cold to swim so did not rate pool. Best price for quality I've ever stayed in ( sr. citizen).

Room Tip: Ask for room not next to ice machine!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TONYA B, Front Office Manager at Shular Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you chose us for your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Abbotsford BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Overall, I agree with others that the Shular Inn is good value. Check-in and check-out were fast and pleasant as was the maintenance man who I had perhaps too much contact with. My room was clean, quite spacious and bright. The bed was comfortable although the pillows were very tiny and mushy. I did experience a few problems. First, the lobby door was locked when I arrived (7 PM); I've never encountered that before and am not sure why it was seen as necessary. The T.V. in my room was definitely old and initially did not work. The maintenance man had to wiggle an A/V plus to make it work. They should either replace/upgrade the T.V. (my first choice) or get it fixed. I couldn't connect to the internet (an AT&T problem, I was told) and once I could connect, speeds were very slow. Finally the room door caught on the carpet and wouldn't self-close. This could present a security issue as people often assume that the door will just close behind them. Notwithstanding these various issues, The Shular presented a reasonably priced place to get a good night sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. Although it is late in getting to you. We have dealt with many of the problems that you experienced. The TV's are up to date and the Wifi is a different carrier. We hope that you will try us again when you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My experience was really a good one.All the staff were friendly and were ready to make my stay a pleasurable one.The front desk were so ready to help us find someone to fix our vehicle when I needed to find replace my brakes, and being out of town not knowing anyone.I sure would chose them again.

• Stayed February 2013
TONYA B, Front Office Manager at Shular Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We strive to make the guest's stay comfortable. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Shular Inn has an excellent staff on there hands. From the friendly and helpful clerks to the maids cleaning the rooms. The best part is that they are all locals and can give you good advice on any of your expected/unexpected travel needs. (Car trouble, restaurants, etc.) The maids clean the rooms very well and are very flexible (worked night shift during my stay). Overall it is a good hotel and is the best choice for the best price in Moss Point Ms.

• Stayed February 2013
TONYA B, Front Office Manager at Shular Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are please that you found our staff both helpful and friendly. The housekeepers keep the rooms clean and fresh. We hope that you stay with us again when you are in the area.
Gautier, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

we are staying here for about 2 weeks. the weekly rates are fantastic. the housekeepers are
very efficient, and very kind. miss mary is the BEST. the front desk clerks are friendly and willing
to help out with all your needs and or questions. there breakfast has a wide variety. I recommend
this hotel to anyone staying in this area for any lent of time.....GREAT PLACE!

Room Tip: as I se it all room are great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TONYA B, Front Office Manager at Shular Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you found the hotel clean and the rooms comfortable. We hope that you will choose our hotel again when you need to stay for any length of time. Weekly guests are always welcome.
Moss Point, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is utterly fantastic, good service, the people are kind, and they have a jacuzzi, also I walked into the room and there was a towel puppy on my bed XD and finally the beds are comfy and to my understanding this hotel is pet friendly because I just walked around with my dog and noone said a thing, my room was right next to the lobby to :)

Room Tip: I have none I am sorry but trust me this place is great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
TONYA B, Front Office Manager at Shular Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our staff strives to make the guest comfortable. The housekeepers take extra care to make the rooms clean and fresh. We hope that you will choose us again when you are in the area.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

One night stop traveling from Florida.The price was right. Room was clean, comfortable beds. Free breakfast starting at 5:00 am with good variety. Staff was nice adn attentive, specially Ebony, she was friendly and helpful.Will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TONYA B, Front Office Manager at Shular Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that your stay with us was so nice. The staff tries to be helpful. The housekeepers make sure that the rooms are clean and fresh. We try to keep the breakfast from being boring. Hope that we will see you again if you are in the area.

Been to Shular Inn? Share your experiences!