“I found a winner!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr.

You added Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr. to your Saves list
Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr.
701 Bonita Lakes Dr., Meridian, MS 39301   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Garland, Texas
“I found a winner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Really, this place should be rated as Average, but only because they did almost everything right, and THAT should be the Average. As it is, this Comfort Inn was much better than typical, especially in regards to sleep comfort and the free breakfast. It was an enjoyable stay. Since our trips along I-20 usually involve our staying in either Vicksburg, Tuscaloosa, or Meridian, I will begin planning to make Meridian our sleepover and make reservations at this Comfort Inn.

I could not give the place five stars because there was no HD signal on the flat-screen TV. I've gotten so used to this hotel defect that I no longer even try to look at the rotten picture on the screen and read a book on my iPad. That may be a good thing, but I would really like to see a good picture on at least ONE hotel TV before I die.

The WiFi was MUCH better than most hotels offer, even though it required me to watch a 30-second video in order to log in. I'm talking five devices, and re-logging in the next morning! 10 logins DOES seem a bit more than necessary. Nonetheless, I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toya D, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr., responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Mr, Howardu007:

Thank you for your positive comment concerning you recent stay at the Comfort Inn, in Meridian,MS! My staff and I are pleased to know that we meet your expectations while staying at our facility. Please contact myself or a member of my staff for your next reservation. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Toya Dockery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Making telephone reservations was a hassle. The reservationist was curt and unprofessional. I was hoping for the best at the hotel. Wrong - upon check-in, there was an unpleasant odor in the lobby. The hallway was also smelly. The room was OK, but I couldn't get the TV to work. However, because of the bad "vibe" here, I would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr, Texmark:

I apologize if we fell to meet your expectations while staying here at the Comfort Inn. We strive to make sure our guest feel comfortable as possible while staying at our facility. I apologize if we didn't meet those expectations. I'll definitely take your concerns and use them as a training tool for my staff and I! Please give us another chance to prove that we stand by our Choice Hotel Brand. If you're ever traveling to the Meridian area, please contact me directly for your next reservation.

Chattanooga, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have stayed at various hotels in and around Meridian on our way to visit family in Shreveport and San Antonio for many years. I don't know what it is about Meridian hotels, they all seem a little on the worn side even when relatively new and the staff's are rather lackluster in terms of service. The single exception to this, in our experience at least, is the Hilton Garden Inn but it can be a little pricy.

On June 17 we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Meridian, it had decent reviews and we needed two rooms with two queen beds in each as we were a party of 6 travelling with 3 small kids. Our stay at this particular hotel was OK but nothing great considering the price paid. We often stay at a Choice Hotel because we participate in their rewards program, ditto for Hilton hotels and our stay usually depends on price and bedding configuration being offered at the time. What disappointed me somewhat with our recent stay in the Meridian Comfort Inn was the lack of coffee one usually finds available 24/7 in the lobby at most Choice Hotels these days -- in fact most hotels in this price range now provide round the clock coffee, tea, etc. One can always make coffee in the room I suppose, but its somewhat of a hassle, and I hate those packages of dried creamer, etc. My 2nd disappointment was the next morning when I went down to get breakfast and found the coffee machine complete dry and not a staff member in sight. I was not alone as there were other guests looking for coffee as well -- I poked my head into the kitchen area -- no staff but there was a new pot of coffee just sitting there. Why hadn't they brought it out for the guests before disappearing?

Would I stay here again, sure, probably, it wasn't a deal breaker as the accommodations suited us OK although nothing special. Its fairly typical of hotels and service in and around Meridian. As I said I don't know what it is about Meridian but the staff at most hotels we have stayed just don't seem very service oriented, everything is done in slow motion and hardly any seem to really enjoy their work. Maybe its a Mississippi thing, not sure, because usually when travelling in the south one is struck with the friendliness and helpfulness of the people in the hospitality industry -- not the case in Meridian, at least in my experience. Maybe its me!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toya D, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr., responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Don,

I apologize that my staff and I feel below your expectations during your stay. Extra measures have been taken to make sure this never happens again at the Comfort Inn, in Meridian, MS! We appreciate your feedback and will use this as a training tool to correct this issue! If you're every in the Meridian area again, please contact me personally for your next reservation!

Indianola, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I picked the Comfort Inn/Bonita Lakes for two reasons: 1) slightly better price compared to similar-quality hotels in the area and 2) membership in the Choice Hotels customer loyalty system. Granted, the second reason is minor, but it helps.

As for this Comfort Inn, it is on par with others. Our room was well-appointed and clean. Check-in was as early as 2pm, and check-out was as late as noon, which was nice for a weekend stay. I'm not sure if those hours hold true for weekdays. The hotel's breakfast was standard fare of toast, bagels, sweet rolls, eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, etc. The breakfast area is a bit small, especially if there are a number of guests eating.

The location is good, nearby to a number of dining opportunities, and the local mall and retail area of Meridian. We didn't notice any road/traffic noise issues from our room.

Check-in and check-out were a breeze. I'd grown accustomed to express check-out at other hotels, and somewhat expected to find a receipt under the door when we woke up, but did not. Certainly this doesn't affect the quality of the stay, and it doesn't offend me at all. Just something I noted as different than most other hotel stays of late.

If/when I'm in Meridian again, I'll probably choose this Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We always stay there on our way to Orange Beach, AL. Great staff, very clean room, and the great hot breakfast. Anything we have needed, the staff has been very helpful. The breakfast lady always takes great care of us. The staff is very pleasant. We didn't have reservations, but they were able to privde us with a first floor room

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CHMRSWY,

Thank you for your positive comment concerning our hotel and staff. We strive to make a positive impact on our guest. I'm pleased to know that we meet your expectations while here at the Comfort Inn. Please consider Comfort Inn again in your future travels to Meridian, MS!
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We called ahead, early to get a lower floor room.
When arriving they put us on the top floor.
The deorderizer smell on the entire third floor was so strong it gave us headaches,
One asks ,What stench are they trying to cover!
We were given a suite but it was very dated no closet just a wardrobe no central air, The wall airconditioner was on you if you slept on the left side you freeze or burn up!
They had a good hot shower & bed was comfy.

• Stayed March 2013
Toya D, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr., responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I apologize if we didn't meet your expectations while staying with us. We try to meet all guest request, but unfortunately at times are not because of previous guest that is in the hotel. Please allow us to make things better on your next stay. Call the hotel directly and ask to speak with me directly.

Toya
Metro DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sadly, many Comfort Inns haven't aged well and I've started to avoid them. But the Comfort Inn in Meridian was a pleasant surprise. My Room looked like they had been redecorated and refurnished within the past two years. Everything was clean and fresh, as was the lobby. Staff were pleasant and friendly.

There was ample parking and convenient access to restauarants, big box stores, and the interstate.

Breakfast was adequate at best.

Overall, this is a good value if you're stopping in Meridian.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback concerning your hotel stay. My staff and I try to go over and beyond to make sure our guest are comfortable. If your ever in Meridian area, please contact us directly to make your next hotel reservation.

Toya Dockery

Been to Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr.

Address: 701 Bonita Lakes Dr., Meridian, MS 39301
Location: United States > Mississippi > Meridian
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Meridian
Meridian Comfort Inn

If you own or manage Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.