“ABSOLUTELY Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr.

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr. to your Saves list
Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr.
701 Bonita Lakes Dr., Meridian, MS 39301   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 30 hotels in Meridian
Downton, United Kingdom
“ABSOLUTELY Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I flew in town for a funeral. I left my watch in the room and it was stolen when I came back after housekeeping cleaned the room. The hotel management was very poor in responding to the issue. They pretty much shrugged their shoulders and told me it was a legal issue and I would have to file a police report, it was nothing they could do. I even called cooperate and their response was pretty much "oh well" also. Didn't accept responsibility. I called the police and the Meridian police came and I filed a report; see how that goes.....I've never had an experience like this. I've left personal belongings in hotels plenty of times and never once had an issue.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
salisbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

This place should be close down!!!! The lobby looks nice but the rooms are terrible. The tub had a spider web across it and a dead spider in the tub. There were two phones in the room with no handsets. Please do not waste your money or time on this place. We ended up checking out after 15 mins of stepping in this nasty trash hole. We ended up traveling 80 miles down the road to Laquinta Inn in Brandon Mississippi which absolutely beautiful and a lot cheaper.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
South Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

When you first check in, everything looks nice, but the rooms needed to be cleaned a lot better. The chair that was at the desk, looked like someone had peed on it. There were stains all over the seat and back. There was a cigarette burn hole in the seat of the chair and this was a non smoking room. The desk was placed right in front of the a/c with no outlet to plug in your computer. We moved the desk over to the other side of the room to be able to plug in. When I looked down on the carpet, I thought I was seeing a spider or some other bug, but it turned out to be hair that someone had cleaned out of a brush or something. The carpet did not look as if they had vacuumed after the last guest had checked out. The bed was very comfortable, the drapes gaped open at the end and let in all the bright lights from outside. Was very hard to sleep as I kept waking up thinking it was daylight.

On a positve side, the staff was very friendly. The breakfast had several choices, although they only had one waffle maker and people had to wait awhile to have their turn. I did not eat the waffles, so can't say how they were but didn't see any left on anyone's plate. :-) The lady watching over the breakfast area was friendly and did a good job of keeping the place cleaned up after messy folks.

All in all, for the price, which I thought was high, I think I would look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Our families stayed here for our nephew's winging ceremony. The staff were great about getting us the best reservations offering us a better price at check-in. The restaurant next door was excellent...looks like a "bar" but the seafood was great and they served a large crowd very well. So I would recommend the hotel for it's accommodations and location for families visiting the navy base.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

The Comfort Inn is fairly clean and had a fair price. It could have been cleaned slightly better, but compared to other hotel costs, it was cheaper. Breakfast was okay and the front desk staff lady was averagly friendly..

• Stayed May 2010
navarre, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I stayed at this place one night, luckily that's all I was staying, or I would have had to check out early. The lobby and breakfast area and even the hallways are very nice looking, then you go into the room. The first thing was a smell of urine and bleach slapping me in the face, the floor in the room was nasty looking. I forgot socks so I had to walk barefoot for just a second, the floor was sticky feeling, it was Disgusting. I wore my shoes the rest of the time there. The beds were comfortable, and the sheets did look clean. The bathtub was full of hair, and the edges weren't clean. The toilet rocked when you sat down on it. They do give you plenty of towels and washcloths though. The property is at a good location, it is convenient to shopping and eating. I was excited to use the pool, but when I went to look at it, it didn't look very clean, and there was a film on top of the water. The wifi worked good, and it was very fast. The breakfast had a pretty good selection. There was waffles, pastries, bagels, toast, apples, oranges, cereal, coffee, and juice. The breakfast attendant was very attentive to the counter making sure everything was clean and there was enough food. Other than the floor being nasty, and the bathroom being a little dirty it was a pretty good place. I would just recommend they replace the carpet in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
tampa florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

We stay in Meridian several times a year to visit my father. We have stayed at most of the local hotels.. This was by far the nicest we have experienced. VERY clean rooms... staff was excellent and the pillows were amazing. Comfy beds as well.
The breakfast buffet was great .. everything from fruit to bagels.. the waffles melted in your mouth. Will definitely stay there again!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr.

Address: 701 Bonita Lakes Dr., Meridian, MS 39301
Location: United States > Mississippi > Meridian
Ranked #8 of 30 hotels in Meridian
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Meridian
Meridian Comfort Inn

If you own or manage Comfort Inn - Meridian / Bonita Lakes Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.