I booked the room in advanced and me, my wife and son stayed for one night traveling from North Carolina to Texas. First of all Hampton Inns are NOT economy hotels i.e., Motel 6, Econo Lodge, etc., therefore their prices are a bit more and I consider them in the moderate price range as compared to the economy hotels. Here is a list of pros and cons as I see them in my opinion:
- I thought the staff was courteous and professional. I did not have the bad experience as some other reviewers as the front desk staff greeted me as I entered the door and the breakfast staff greeted me as I entered the dining area.
- There were complimentary assorted cookies at the front desk.
- The beds are super comfortable and I LOVE the crisp clean and bright white sheets and duvet covers. Many hotels use bed comforters and are not cleaned often. This is one of the reasons we stay at a Hampton Inn as you know all your bedding is clean and you can tell the bedding is clean.
- Room came equipped with mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker.
- There was a manager's social from 6:00 - 7:00 pm with free finger foods and the front desk provided tickets for a free cocktail.
- The breakfast was more than adequate: delicious bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, oatmeal, good assortment of pastries (had sliced pound cake, awesome), coffee, juices, yogurt and fresh fruit.
- The location was great with numerous restaurants, stores, and a Navy Air Station near by.
- Only breakfast negative is NO scrambled eggs but they did have hard boiled eggs.
- The beds were true double beds, just slightly larger than a twin and small than a full bed. Some hotels have double beds that are more like full size. My wife had to sleep on the other bed with my son as both of us would not fit on one bed (but to be honest we are both "large cartons").
- There are numerous large scuff marks throughout our room and hotel walls that make the hotel seem a bit worn. Many of them could be taken care of with a "Magic Eraser".
- The breakfast area was well decorated, but the tables were too small. They were built for couples and not for more than two people.
Overall the stay was pleasant and I would recommend this hotel. My major priorities are clean and comfortable beds (which are a Hampton Inn standard) and a descent breakfast which this hotel met. I understand that many travelers look for budget hotels, but I rather have a good night's sleep and a good breakfast to start the next day of traveling...good job as usual Hampton!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn Meridian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Meridian Hotel Meridian
- Meridian Hampton Inn