“Nice stay in Meridian” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Ararat, North Carolina
“Nice stay in Meridian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We didn't have a reservation for this Hampton, but was quickly attended to and had a room very quickly. The room had two double beds and was very clean. The hotel staff was excellent. Breafast was quick, easy and tasteful. Great stay all around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
rubberband1293,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast. If you are staying with us Mon - Sat be sure to stop by the lobby in the evenings for our Manager's Reception. This complimentary reception features light snacks and beverages.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fort Walton Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was an excellent hotel. Probably one of the best that I've stayed at. I enjoyed the breakfast. The location was easily available to shopping, dining, and interstate. I would recommend this to anyone in the Meridian area.

Rhonda S,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We loved having you here and we look forward to serving you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast. In addition to the shopping and dining, we are also located near a beautiful park with two lakes and lots of walking and hiking paths. Ask an Associate during your stay about the Bonita Lakes Park and other great outdoor places to relax.
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great price and excellent staff and the beds are so nice clean and soft. The staff was great and the guest were friendly. The hotel was close to the Riley Center. This hotel also gave state employees a discount that really saved on our stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We loved having you here and we look forward to serving you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the great sleep you got on our soft beds. The Riley Center and other venues in downtown Meridian are part of a growing performing arts movement in the area. During your next stay with us be sure to ask an Associate what events or shows are taking place during your visit. They will be happy to provide you with details and suggestions.
GAutier, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Staff and event organizer were most efficient and helpful. Rooms were nice and breakfast was perfect. Rooms were adjustable A/C units that actually adjusted to your needs. Pool and pool area is nice an clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Robert N,

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the great, hot breakfast. During your next stay with us be sure to ask an Associate what events are happening in town. Meridian has a growing performing arts district that often features some great live entertainment. Any Associate will be happy to assist you with details and suggestions.
Meridian, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is very clean, the staff skilled and always helpful from a manager to the frontdesk, cleaning crew... The breakfast is very enjoyable and the choice is really nice. The hotel is very quiet, allowing a good rest. The rooms are very clean, as well as the bathroom.

Cedric B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We love having you here and we look forward to serving you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to rest. During your next stay ask an Associate about the great golfing opportunities in the area. There are two great courses located near the hotel. Any Associate will be glad to provide you with details and directions.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here during the weekend of the State Games and the staff, food, and room was great. This is a nice place to stay with family. I only wish the pool was bigger. I would stay here again. Outstanding staff at this location, that really made me feel at home.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We loved having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope your team did well at the State Games. We invite you to return when you have time to explore the city of Meridian. From art museums, to performing arts centers, parks and hiking trails and great golfing there are activities for all ages and interests. Ask an Associate during your stay to recommend some of the great things to do in our city. They will be happy to provide you with details and directions.
Southaven, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Things started off on the wrong foot when I arrived at 2:30 and was told they wouldn't check me in until 3:00, even though the group of guests who were just rolling in their luggage on a valet cart appeared to have just been checked in. Went to lunch and returned at 3:00. Was checked in and proceeded to my room. When I arrived at my room, my key did not work. I did not have my glasses on and thought I may have been doing something wrong (these keys just slid across the lock, they were not inserted). As I was attempting to get my glasses on, one of the housekeepers offered to open the door for me. I thanked her and then asked her if she would be there every time I needed to get into my room.

Upon entering the room, there was only one bed, even though I had requested two beds. Went back down to front desk to see about getting a room with two beds and was told the only room available was a smoking room. He would be happy to let me in to see if the smell was too strong. Didn't need that option -- smoking rooms ALWAYS smell too strong. Went back to my room (with glasses on) and realized that the key really didn't work (also tried it on the door to the fitness room on the way back to front desk). I told the same woman who wouldn't check me at 2:30 about the key not working, and she ran it through her machine and handed it back. Up to the room yet again, and the key STILL didn't work. Back to front desk, and a male clerk ran two keys through his machine and handed them to me. These actually worked.

When I got back to the room, I was putting my toiletries in the bathroom and initially had a problem turning the light on. The switch was not a standard light switch; it was more of a pressure-type switch, the surface of which was broken. I guess another guest had had problems with it as well, and pressed too hard and broke it.

A few hours later, by daughter was getting ready to go out with her team. She had her shoes off and walked over to her luggage, which was on the floor by the air conditioner. She said, "Mom, the floor's wet." We immediately picked up her bag and moved it to a dry spot. The carpet was not sopping, squishy wet, but it was indeed moist (I sure wouldn't want to walk on it with socks on, as my daughter had done). Knowing there was nothing but smoking rooms left, I didn't report it at the time.

While my daughter was out with her team, I went to the fitness center. It was a bright spot to my visit. Treadmill, eliptical, bicycle, weight machine, yoga mat, various weights of medicine balls.

After the fitness center, I went back to my room and was sitting on the couch with feet on the coffee table with my computer on my lap. After a while, I tried to put my feel back on the floor, but my socks were stuck to the table. I guess they had used too much furniture polish on cheap furniture.

When I travel, I try to have the fan on all the time while sleeping to help drown out any noise of adjoining rooms or from the hallway. However, it was not possible to do that in this room. The A/C cycled on and off all night, and it was very loud. Very loud all the time would have been fine, but very loud and then off and then very loud and then off did not allow for a good night's sleep. I finally got up at 3:30am and turned the whole unit off.

The next morning, on our way to our 10:00 game, I reported the wet carpet to the clerk at the front desk. She said she would send someone up while we were gone. I also asked for a late check-out the next day (first game of the day at 8:00am, second at 4:00pm) and was told they were not doing any late check-outs. When we returned a couple of hours later, housekeeping had not been in, and the carpet was still wet. Left for our 2:00 game. When we returned a couple of hours later, the maid had been in, but the carpet was still wet. On the way to dinner that night, I stopped at the front desk to again request a late check-out, offering up the info that I was an Hhonors Silver member (yes, not very high, but still a loyal customer of Hilton brands). I was again denied.

Sunday morning, on my way out of the breakfast area, I saw a roach crawling on the floor. I would have stepped on it, but it crawled under an occupied table.

We had a group rate. I don't know if that rate was lower than what I would have been able to book on my own, but it was not a good value. I have stayed at other Hampton Inns that were nicer for less money. There are too many other options in Meridian for me to stay here again.

There wasn't one big thing that ruined my stay; just a lot of little things that, had they happened individually, would not have bothered me. However, all of the little things combined made for a somewhat unpleasant stay. It certainly was not up to my usual Hampton expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Meridian, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
mrsdoc3,

First let us apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. This past weekend is a very busy time for us and we tend to stay booked up. This makes it difficult, if not impossible, to allow early check-ins or late check-outs as rooms have to be cleaned between guests. We are sorry about the dampness in your carpeting near the AC unit. The housekeeping staff did what they could to resolve the issue, but carpet takes a while to dry. Maintenance has resolved the issue with the AC unit. If you have an issue during your stay, please speak to the manager on duty so they can be sure that the issue gets the appropriate attention.

We are disappointed that your experience was not up to the standard you expected. Again we apologize and we would like you to return and stay with us again so that we can earn your future business.

Been to Hampton Inn Meridian? Share your experiences!