“Cool/ fun/ different” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Atoka Tn
“Cool/ fun/ different”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2006

This is an "old" hotel. Smelled old, looked as if it were designed in 60's, however, it was clean. Neat in door pool and hot tub, clean, must have really been nice place at one time.. Lounge was a lot of fun with dance band, etc. We just stopped over night on our way to Orange Beach, couldn't have selected a better place that was clean, safe, convenient and fun. Thanks Howard Johnson staff for being so nice! Your guests from Atoka TN 9/13/06

• Liked — lounge, friendly, safe
  • Disliked — old accomodation
  • Tips/Secrets — this place is just off 45 down 20, don't take the 1st stop off 45 on the way in to Ala, look around
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank AtokaTraveler

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2003

I had to change hotel rooms due to Air Conditioner not working properly. Terrible odor in bathroom and hallway. Room not cleaned and vacuumed thoroughly. I almost slipped and fell on the bathroom floor due to residue left from staff cleaning the floor. Bottom portion of a plug outlet not working properly. I needed an iron and was given the worst one available, even though some other rooms came with iron and/or iron board. Some of the staff and Front Desk manager were not helpful and was not willing to work with me in resolving my situation. They were basically nonchalant. I will surely think twice before I come there again and I wouldn't recommend it for a family reunion, either!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Meridian hotels

Travelers also viewed these Meridian hotels
Drury Inn & Suites Meridian
#7 of 30 in Meridian
4.0 of 5 stars 256 reviews
Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Meridian

Been to Howard Johnson Meridian? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Meridian

Address: 110 Highway 80 East, I-20 & I-59, Meridian, MS 39301
Location: United States > Mississippi > Meridian
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Price Range (Based on Average Rates):
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Howard Johnson Meridian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Meridian Howard Johnson