“Worst Hotel Experience Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Northeast Conference Center
111 US Highway 11 and 80, Meridian, MS 39302   |
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
New ORleans, Louisiana
“Worst Hotel Experience Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2006

I checked in about 10:30 pm after driving many hours. It was $105 -- expensive for this little town exp because the room had no micro or frig -- but after getting into the room I read the room rates posted on the door which was $95 so I assumed the $105 included tax. The next morning I woke up early so I could take a relaxing bath, and then order breakfast from room service. To my complete surprise, my room had no running water. I was unable to take a bath, brush my teeth, make coffee, or even flush the toilet -- in fact during the night I used the bathroom so now the bowl was empty! I glanced up and there was a plaque stating that "if I was not 100% satisfied with my stay, Holiday Inn would either fix the problem, or I would not be charged for that part of my stay". So I called the operator and reported the problem and was told the water had been turned off about 1am and would not be back on for several hours. Remembering their guarantee, and being totally inconvenienced, and unsatisfied, I asked for some sort of compensation -- partial credit would have been fine. I was told that no refunds or credit would be given as it was not the fault of Holiday Inn. I replied that it wasn't my fault either, but I had paid for a room with running water, and Holiday Inn posted the guarantee about satisfaction with no exceptions. I packed up, and went to the front desk where my credit card was charged $105 plus tax $114 total. Even though the highest rate posted in the room was $95, due to the great need for housing because of the August Hurricane, they were price gouging everybody -- and making a mint because the motel was packed. When I complained about the extra $10 I was told the price was whatever they decided. I then asked to return to the room so that I might make a photocopy of the rack room rate card, but the manager told me, "The only way you will return to that room is if you pay for another night". He then ordered me out of "his hotel" in front of several people. I was totally humiliated and left stating that I will never again in my life stay in another Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

Families
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2003

Great hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel recently had a complete makeover. They also offer a great expanded Continental Breakfast which is free for all guest. I will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Meridian next time I am in town for business.

Been to Northeast Conference Center? Share your experiences!