“Quaint, Convenient, Quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 Hamilton Ave., Meridian, MS 39301 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Quaint, Convenient, Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is located in a cluster of hotel of this type and size. Plenty of gas and food nearby, off the interstate (on Frontage Road) so no traffic noise at night. Meridian shuts down at night it seems so that helps quite a bit.

Convenient to most if not all of Meridian. Checked in in the afternoon, the front desk clerk was pleasant, hotel was quiet. The room showed some wear, but was clean. I had the Queen size bed (single), no-smoking room. Remnded me of a nice college dorm room, small but functional. This hotel has 2 floors, but NO ELEVATORS (at least none I saw)! Disabled, or stairs challenged be aware.

Closet type bathroom (holding the toilet and shower) both were clean. As I was alone towels were not an issue, they were the standard, generic, prison type towels (function over comfort). Not a bad value for the single or duo traveler, but ONLY if you are getting the awards program benefits. Without the awards program you could probably get a better value at a cheaper spot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vermilion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

When i checked into this hotel my room wasnt ready yet and It was already past check in time. When we finally got to go to our room we walked in the back entrace only to find an employere dumping bleach water onto the concrete because someone had urinated apparently regularly by the stinch. Then my room was digusting. There was blood on my lamp shade on the wall and the smoke detector was completely missing from room. There was a giant wet spot on the floor by the door. The room smelled of stale beer and cigarettes. The walls were filthy. The Bathroom had a waterline by the tiolet in the wall paper. There was mold in the light fixture in the bathroom. I had to use my hand sanitizer so that i could clean the botton of the stand up shower just so we could showere with our socks on. This place is disgusting. My recommendation is to stay at the Ramada next door.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were small but gave us a cozy feeling almost like we were at home. The only things I didn't like were there no elevators and that the house keeper came in the room to clean while we were sleep at about 8:30 and checkout wasn't until 11. Other than that nice rooms

• Stayed February 2013
Palmetto, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

If you are in a hurry or have to stop over this hotel is conveniently located. It is, however, in need of a lot of work. The grounds are not kept up well, the condition of the room needs improvement. We had issues with the AC/Heater at about two am when it began to make a lot of noise. Even after shutting it off it made noise. It was two late to ask for service so we rode with it until checkout. The bathroom also needs work with the grout and fixtures.

Room Tip: I stay in a lot of Choice hotels so if you are in meridian stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites and sp...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

When I checked in the rating began at once. I had reserved a handicap room and was told that I could not have one. Even though I had a non-smoking room, I could smell smoke in the hall and in my room. During breakfast, the manager brought his family in and feed them breakfast, so the kids were all over the place. AC did not work correctly and the bed was hard as a rock.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
USA---
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Fairly tedious access to motel from Interstate. Parked bike outside window halfway down nearly deserted building. A rather remote area for this motel located behind two other nicer motels. No where to easily have supper without driving to next exit 'cept Waffle House. Only three vehicles including mine overnight (?) Building and room were very nice that night but had to step over 2" roach in lobby. Had good sleep but just didn't want to eat after watching morning shift cleaning in the break room. Had a very bad night next evening after check out.

Room Tip: Go to next Eastbound exit to get many motel and eating choices.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
home
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Where to begin, the staff was rude. Their response to requests for an extra pillow or more towels was that they don't do that. The bed was supposed to be a queen but was only a double. Hubby is a safety engineer and he said the electrical plugs were over-loaded, unsafe and likely violated codes. The air conditioner was LOUD and inefficient, the TV speakers are on the back of the TV which was mounted on the wall and must be turned up loud to be heard. The bathroom tile grout was dark and until I noticed that the grout was not gray at the sides I thought it simply was grouted with gray grout. The tub had a broken ledge where someone had broken off the handicapped seat ledge, and since we were not told about this and were too tired that night to demand another room-- we were traveling with a toddler and an infant-- we let it pass so now I am wondering if they will try to charge us for that damage-- will be back on here complaining if they do. The breakfast in the morning was stingily handed out ONLY to those who were eating in the lobby-- no taking something back to the room for the wife who is breastfeeding the baby! No getting breakfast all at once either. Lets see, there was a spider in our room which made me wonder what else might be in there. However, we do not appear to have been bitten by anything in the night. The key card took multiple tries to work.

On the up side, the incredible noise from the air conditioner drowned out any possible noise from outside the room and the coffee in the lobby the next morning was fine with cream and sweetener.

If we had not been so exhausted we would have checked the room before accepting it and unloading all the baby stuff-- we will never stay here again, and think twice before trusting this chain again!

I took photos but will need help to upload them.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!