“No elevator, is that even legal?! Quite dirty and noisy” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 30 hotels in Meridian
Diamondhead, Mississippi
“No elevator, is that even legal?! Quite dirty and noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here while evacuating for Hurricane Isaac and it was not exactly our first choice. It appears a mainly family run hotel though supposedly still part of the chain. The check-in was fine and then when we got all our luggage in, we asked where the elevator was and were told there isn't one! Good grief! How do they advertise 'accessible' rooms but don't have an elevator?! The stairway was rather beaten up as is the hotel in general, much in need of renovation and deep cleaning as other reviewers have mentioned. Our room was an 'accessible' one, though not by choice; so it was probably a tad larger than the regular type. The toilet/shower combo certainly could do with a deep scrub but was acceptable and the sliding door to it was noisy and annoying; the bed was okay and sheets were nice. The hotel is located right next to a very busy road and you hear big rigs passing 24hrs/day, the windows are old and do nothing to lessen outside noise. Breakfast was okay. We booked for 2 nights but it turned out that we had to stay another night so we got a room at a hotel in a way better location by the mall. This is not a place I would recommend until they renovate it plus replace the windows!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charlo, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is older and not located in the greatest area. It is pretty inexpensive but not really worth it. With a business discount you will only pay maybe 10 or 20 dollars per night at one of the nice hotels like the drury or Hilton in meridian.

The room was clean except for the bathroom which had definitely not been cleaned (at least not by anyone with their glasses on) There was hair all over and I'll spare you the other details. The room was TINY. Probably the smallest room Ive ever stayed in. If u have kids this would not be a fun experience.

Desk staff friendly, maids not so much.

Also the maids went up the hallway at 10 am (checkout is not till 11) knocking on everyone's doors to "see if they were still here" ...Riiiiiiiiight.... What they were actually doing was trying to wake anyone up who might be asleep so they can get the rooms cleaned faster and go home. I thought this was ridiculous and ive never stayed anywhere that maids did this. Especially an hour or more before checkout.

The walls are also thin so I was able to hear the maids unhappy rant about a guest checking out late, complete with profanity. Something like this: "oh he say he checkin out at 12, he say he goin swimming well he had all day yesterday to swim, he shoulda done his swimmin yesterday, SH**!"

Just avoid this exit all together and get a hotel off exit 154.

All said and done, I'd rather sit on a pineapple than stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Checked in for a weekend soccer tournament in the local area. Inn is very dirty, staff very unresponsive to issues beyond cleanliness and their posted satisfaction guarantee is a joke. Inn did not have adequate number of towels to restock rooms on a sold out weekend even with out the pool being open. Would have checked out immediately had there been rooms available in the city. This hotel should be closed immediately.

Room Tip: There is no good room at this establishment
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I checked in to this hotel last week and only lasted one day in it before I checked out the next morning. As soon as I walked in I was blasted by the smell of stale cigarette smoke and booze. The room itself was dirty and nasty. This hotel is in desperate need of an overhaul. Also when staying there I had somebody knocking on my outside window at 2:30 in the morning. When I let the staff know the next morning, the desk clerk just shrugged their shoulders. Never ever will I stay at any Choice hotel facility. As I look through the reviews on this particular hotel it is a shame they have not done anything to fix their internal problems.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I am doing SO much traveling right now, I feel as though I might can help others the way I have had help... Just wish I had look closer before picking THIS Sleep Inn When needing a place in Meridian, MS. PLEASE, lets be clear, It is OKAY, but could do a bit better. Cleanish Rooms, VERY Friendly Front Desk Clerk, but could do with a bit of Extra Deep Cleaning!!! Updated But SOME Cover-UP-Dating... BUT all and all, An Okay place just can't say excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near Front Desk. LONG HALLS and Door on end seems TOO secluded.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I am deeply disappointed in Sleep Inns hotel services this pas weekend (7/2/10)! My husband, our 4 month old baby,my parents and my 6 year old sister came all the way from Texas to go to my uncle funeral and we get to Sleep in at 3 in the morning and they gave our two rooms away. Mind you I reserved the rooms on Thursday and explained to their staff that we will be arriving around the time we got there and she tells me that she called my house three times and ran my card three times but it didn't work so she gave our rooms away. How can I answer my home phone if I am on the road. Mind you afterwards I checked my home phone messages and it said she called at 2 am to see if I was still coming. Who calls someone house at two in the morning if they told you they will be there around 3 am? When i asked to speak to the manager she said that he was at home. So I told her I want the number the the owner of the the hotel and she said she didn't have his number. But she gets on the phone and makes a call to someone and then starts laughing on the phone making light of the situation! How rude is that?! I will not recommend anyone to stay here at Sleep Inn because of their lack of morality and greed to get the Ol' Mighty Dollar! We ended up staying at the Northeast Inn Conference Center on the weekend and they didn't have any problems with my card when they ran it! It was a lovely stay there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

Omg. The bathrooms were the size of a resteraunt bathroom, and everytime we closed the wooden sliding door to the bathroom it squeaked loudly. The sink was outside of the bathroom next to the bed with a small wall seperating it. There were only stairs and no elavator, which was a problem for us since we were carrying a cooler for the state games. There were not enough towels, and it was an old and dirty place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!