“Unsatisfactory” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 hotels in Meridian
Jacksonville, Florida
“Unsatisfactory”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I checked in to this hotel last week and only lasted one day in it before I checked out the next morning. As soon as I walked in I was blasted by the smell of stale cigarette smoke and booze. The room itself was dirty and nasty. This hotel is in desperate need of an overhaul. Also when staying there I had somebody knocking on my outside window at 2:30 in the morning. When I let the staff know the next morning, the desk clerk just shrugged their shoulders. Never ever will I stay at any Choice hotel facility. As I look through the reviews on this particular hotel it is a shame they have not done anything to fix their internal problems.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I am doing SO much traveling right now, I feel as though I might can help others the way I have had help... Just wish I had look closer before picking THIS Sleep Inn When needing a place in Meridian, MS. PLEASE, lets be clear, It is OKAY, but could do a bit better. Cleanish Rooms, VERY Friendly Front Desk Clerk, but could do with a bit of Extra Deep Cleaning!!! Updated But SOME Cover-UP-Dating... BUT all and all, An Okay place just can't say excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near Front Desk. LONG HALLS and Door on end seems TOO secluded.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I am deeply disappointed in Sleep Inns hotel services this pas weekend (7/2/10)! My husband, our 4 month old baby,my parents and my 6 year old sister came all the way from Texas to go to my uncle funeral and we get to Sleep in at 3 in the morning and they gave our two rooms away. Mind you I reserved the rooms on Thursday and explained to their staff that we will be arriving around the time we got there and she tells me that she called my house three times and ran my card three times but it didn't work so she gave our rooms away. How can I answer my home phone if I am on the road. Mind you afterwards I checked my home phone messages and it said she called at 2 am to see if I was still coming. Who calls someone house at two in the morning if they told you they will be there around 3 am? When i asked to speak to the manager she said that he was at home. So I told her I want the number the the owner of the the hotel and she said she didn't have his number. But she gets on the phone and makes a call to someone and then starts laughing on the phone making light of the situation! How rude is that?! I will not recommend anyone to stay here at Sleep Inn because of their lack of morality and greed to get the Ol' Mighty Dollar! We ended up staying at the Northeast Inn Conference Center on the weekend and they didn't have any problems with my card when they ran it! It was a lovely stay there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

Omg. The bathrooms were the size of a resteraunt bathroom, and everytime we closed the wooden sliding door to the bathroom it squeaked loudly. The sink was outside of the bathroom next to the bed with a small wall seperating it. There were only stairs and no elavator, which was a problem for us since we were carrying a cooler for the state games. There were not enough towels, and it was an old and dirty place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

First, the room was not clean at all. There's no telling how long it had been since it had been vacuumed. It certainly wasn't before I checked in.

Next, there were bugs in the room (some living, some dead). I really don't know what they were, but fortunately there weren't *that* many of them still living when I got there.

Finally, the toilet would not properly flush.

None of this was resolved before I concluded that I should end my stay there and seek better accomodations. They also did not honor their posted "100% satisfaction guarantee" and I was charged the full price for the room. The only offer of resolution that was made was to move me to another room, which I declined as in my opinion, it would have probably had bugs too.

Stayed September 2008
El Dorado, Ark.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2007

We stayed at this Sleep Inn recently on the way back from Gatlinburg, Tenn., to Monroe, La. We had planned to drive straight through, but when we got to Meridian, we could go no further. Because we had arrived in town on a college graduation night, most hotels and motels had no vacancies, so we were happy to find a room at the Sleep Inn for a reasonable rate. The check-in process was quick and easy, and the clerk was courteous and helpful. Sure, our room wasn't the Taj Mahal, but it was comfortable and clean, and we LOVED the roomy, "European-style" shower. Not a bad experience at all.

• Liked — The shower
  • Disliked — No elevator to second floor (at least we did not see one)
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

Our one-night stay in May was a joke. Both the check-in and check-out desk clerks, obviously new to the job, could not process our account without calling an off-site manager who seemed to provide little guidance because it still took many minutes to check us in or process our payment the next morning.
The sheets were obviously too small for the beds. Nothing would tuck, resulting in a restless night of fighting loose blankets sliding everywhere.
Continental breakfast consisted of four slices of white bread on a plate, a half-dozen mini-muffins and two nearly empty bins of cereal. We waited for milk and orange juice to appear. After my husband and I took the four slices of bread for toast, a family of five arrived for breakfast and the attendant put six more slices of bread on the plate. The other containers were left nearly empty. It was our first experience at a Sleep Inn ... and our last!

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!