“NEVER AGAIN” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 29 hotels in Meridian
Mansfield,GA
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I made reservations one week in advance & asked for a ground floor unit, non-smoking. We were given a room that reeked of stale cigarette smoke & it was upstairs (no elevator). We are seniors and non-smokers so our stay got off to a bad start as soon as we opened the door & it was downhill from there. We were in room 205. The bathroom vent fan was broke & the TV remote did not work. This comes in 3rd place as the worst experience we have had during our travels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Meridian, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband booked our room because of the low price and brightly lit, misleading photos. Our room smells. The carpet is ripped in spots, the bathroom door doesn't shut, and we had to jiggle the room door just right to get the deadbolt to engage! Our car is parked right outside our door and I emptied it out because the lot does not feel secure. Next door to the parking lot is some kind of large ramshackle structure that literally looks like an abandoned horror movie set. This place is awful, and if it weren't for the fact that we're only staying a few hours to get some sleep before finishing our drive to New Orleans, I'd demand a refund and get back on the road. Also, the "restaurant delivery service" booklet in the lobby is so out of date that the company (hometown food taxi) doesn't exist anymore!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

As soon as we pulled up to the front entrance to check in, a man approached us asking for money. My boyfriend handed him some pocket change and the man continued to harass him for $2. Upon opening the room door a waft of stale cigarettes and urine hit me like a ton of bricks. If I had not purchased this hotel online, I would have immediately asked for my money back. The lounge chair that was in the room was cover with stains and tears as if a cat had scratched it and the AC unit plug had exposed wires...We won't be using that! I immediately felt the need to shower and after discovering the toilet had poo stains in it, also noticed that there was a bar of used soap with hair on it that had been left from the previous guest. To me this means, the room was NOT cleaned, or at least just wiped down. I know hotels are places where lots of people have utilized a room, but this room has been overutilized and not taken care of. If you stay in Meridian, pay the few extra bucks for piece of mind to stay at La Quinta or Best Western. This place is gross!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Port Huron, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel was a stop between Michigan and Baton Rouge. I was pleased with the room it was clean comfortable and seemed to be in a good area. Room has a microwave and a refridgerator, however I asked for a no smoking room and seen no evidence of smoking such as cigarette burns, or ash trays the room smelled like smoke. Also I did not see that any of the rooms were marked with a no smoking sign. I was tired and stayed anyway. Other than that It was a good stay and would recommend this if you can make sure your room is truly non smoking.

Room Tip: Make sure your smoking preferance is honered.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Econo Lodge in Meridian, MS. After reading all of the reviews, I was very skeptical about staying here. Nevertheless, my organization booked 8 rooms. The hotel is a nice establishment. The General Manager came in on her day off to ensure that my party was situated and taken care of. If something was not in our room they either fixed the problem or moved us to a better room. There were times when we could have yelled and screamed but why? You have to treat people how you want to be treated. Everytime I asked for something, the emplyees went out of their way to make sure that we had it. If we needed an extra iron or extra towels, they made sure that we had. Even if that meant going to the hotel next door, which is an extension of theres to get us more supplies. The staff are friendly and as long as you treat them with respect, although this is not a Five Star Hotel, they will treat you like you are a 5 Star Traveller.

Room Tip: Treat others how you want to be treated.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Arlington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Have stayed here several times and after the hotel has declined recently will never stay again. Roaches in rooms, toilet leaking, shower handle fell off, ashes in bed, DISGUSTING!!! We arrived 945pm left by 1045pm and then they would not refund my money after all this.

Room Tip: Stay at Druiry inn while in Meridain MS.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011 via mobile

I tried to have pizza delivered, but they refused because one of their drivers was robbed last week. Later, I had a man knock on my door claiming to be an empoyee. He asked if I was traveling alone, which car was mine, if i wanted some girls brought to my room, and then begged for money. I had the front desk call the police. Do not stay here!!! I was genuinely afraid for my life!!!

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!