“OK Depending on your needs” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #10 of 30 hotels in Meridian
Atlanta
“OK Depending on your needs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed here only one night, passing through Meridian, it was about 10 PM and I wanted clean and inexpensive. It is booth. Less then the other hotels I checked. Right off the freeway with plenty of fast food joints close by. It was clean spacious, Comes with microwave, coffeepot & small refrigerator. Didn't get to see breakfast. I found the beds to be OK. This is an older property I say it is 2 stars at most. But if price matters it could be your spot. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here on way to the beach. Not much to say, the title says it all. We got there late, they had the room ready, it was clean. We had a quiet, peaceful sleep and left early to continue our trip. As hard as it is for most hotels to provide even this basic service, I give them a high rating.
Oh, we did quickly use thier free wireless the next morning to look at a few things. I will use them again next time I need a room passing though.

Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is an older property, but it has undergone some freshening up in the past couple of years. It's conveniently located right off I20 on the frontage road. Personnel are, in my experience, always friendly and polite. The rooms are, as I said, recently freshened but at times can show their age. They contain a coffee pot and iron at the least, some with fridge; TVs are LCD and have decent channel selection. I haven't 'used' the pool but did take my coffee by it on the last stay (July '12) and it looked clean and inviting. Since I use a AAA discount on the price, I feel the room pricing is a good deal. I replied to a customer satisfaction survey via email after an earlier trip and the property management unexpectedly responded with what I thought was an exemplary response to my issues.

I stay here on my way through to Louisiana to visit family at least once a year.

Gautier, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Rather than stay with family near Meridian, I decided that I would get a room so that my young nieces and nephew could stay with me and swim and have fun for a day or two while their parents settled in with the new baby. While filing out the registration form for check-in, I wanted to verify the rate that had been quoted to me over the telephone and make sure that I had a ground-floor room, having explained at the time of booking, that I was recuperating from surgery and didn't need to carry things up steps just yet. When I mentioned this The desk clerk on duty stated, "Oh, we can't guarantee that, but you got it this time," referring to the location of the room. In my estimation, good customer service policy reply would have been: "Yes, we have you all taken care of. Your room is ready." I would have been none the wiser and she would have gotten off on a better foot with a customer. I actually ended up taking 2 rooms since my mother decided to join us once I showed up to get the youngsters. When I took the children to the pool, I stopped at the desk and asked if there were towels pool side. The same clerk once again informed me that I didn't know how it worked at this hotel since we should have brought the towels from the room, placed the wet ones in a bin in a hallway down from the front desk and come to the front desk to request an exchange for new ones. She did agree to let us have towels from the desk and return them before going back to our room. By this time, I felt as though I was at the "I got you!" hotel where the guest needed to know what questions to ask in order to be permitted to stay there. The worst part of the stay, however, came after we settled in for the night. Mom and my nephew went to sleep earlier than we girls did. I had turned out the lights at about 10:30, but then needed to get up to check on something. When I turned on the light, the girls began screaming that there were roaches on the headboard of the bed. We squashed a few, but the girls were too terrified to go to sleep in their bed. We watched tv, played computer games and even made a game of catching a few roaches to show the front desk in the morning. Then the eight-year old said, "They need to spray this room." For the first time in my life, at 2AM in a hotel, I called the front desk to ask if they kept a can of bug spray. The night clerk was very apologetic. We marched over to the office, collected the spray. We sprayed the headboards and chairs and tables where we had seen the roaches and and then had to fall asleep with the smell of toxic insect spray in the room. After all of that, the room I was in received an unscheduled wake-up call at 5:00 A.M, when--I did mention earlier that I had considered this trip to be a relaxing mini-vacation--I had planned to sleep until 9:00 AM, get breakfast, and take the kids back to the pool before checking out. Of course, no one at the front desk could explain how that call had been programmed. My brother-in-law had recommended the hotel to me since he personally knows the manager. Needless to say, I nor anyone else in my Meridian family, will ever recommend this hotel again. This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had and it has completely turned me off of the name Best Western. I had left an option for a second night for just myself, but after these experiences, I could not check out fast enough on Saturday morning. One of housekeepers, did stop by before we left and say that, since it was her section, she had been informed of the roach problem, which she knew existed. She said that the desk would give me a discount and they did, but it did not reinstate a pleasant family experience nor a decent night's sleep. Unfortunately, the last person I had to deal with was the desk clerk who greeted me upon check-in the previous day.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, request a room in the main hotel. The roach problem was blamed on the fact t...
Katwijk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

It's a nice hotel with a swimming pool. No fridge, no breakfast. Good beds and a fine shower.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
marietta GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

this location is an older hotel, and it looks its age from the outside - right out of the 1970's. But the rooms inside were done nicely and were very clean - with new furnishings.
fridge and microwave in the room was nice
great cable tv channel selection
the rooms were large.
there was no free breakfast as i usually expect at this chain, but booked a room rate that included breakfast buffett for two at teh onsight country style restaraunt for only an extra $5.
The buffett was very much worth that extra $5 for two people and was a definite step up from a normal continental breakfast at most hotels.

there are many newer hotel choices in this same area, but there for the rate, there is nothing to complain about with this location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Right off the highway. Comfortable bed and more channels that the Marriott I stayed at last night! Free internet. Small fridge and microwave. Good value for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN of Meridian? Share your experiences!