“Nice of night stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Garden Inn Meridian
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   109 US Highway 11 and 80, Meridian, MS 39302   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Breakfast, WiFi and more!
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte
“Nice of night stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

After driving 12 hours, we were more than ready to stop for the night,and thankfully got a room since we did not have reservations! The room was clean, staff v accommodating and I have no complaints.,,well, the room could have been a little less $$ ESP without a free breakfast. We did not feel like swimming or using the fitness room but both seemed inviting!! The breakfast buffet bar looked tempting but we were in a hurry to get back on the road and knew that we could not eat $10 worth that early in the morn.
We will def stay here again, given the opportunity.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, away from the elevator and we heard no loud noises. The a/c drowned out an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
CharlotteBarb,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to serving you again in the near future. You should have taken advantage of the pool. Our indoor pool means that the weather is always just right for a swim. If you would like a little sun you can take advantage of the sundeck located just outside the pool room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was in Meridian on business, stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. Nice place, pretty typical for a Hilton Garden. No restaurants within walking distance that I could find, but plenty within a 5 minute drive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Moopoint,

Thanks for writing a review about your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you again in the future. There are several national chain restaurants located across the street from us, but to try some of the local favorites you will have to drive a short distance. Ask any Associate during you stay and they will be glad to recommend some dining choices and provide you with directions if you need them.
Flowooc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

On a recent stay the staff was professional as always. Even the housekeeping staff was helpful. My only issue is that there needs to be some on-site security when there are events scheduled here. There were 2 family reunions being held here at the same time, and some of them were quite unruly. My wife, child and I were run out of the pool when it was taken over by family reunion members. Only 3 of them were in bathing suits, the restsame just aroundto the edgessame of the pool and hot tub with their feet in the water. There had to be about 20 of them. They were being very rude and loud, so we just left the area.

I've stayed here on several occasions, and I know this IS NOT THE NORM for this hotel. Just my suggestion though.

• Stayed July 2012
Will H,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. If you ever have an issue with noisy, or rude guests please bring it to the attention of any Associate. We take the comfort of our guests very seriously and will take the necessary steps to insure the best possible stay.
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Excellent hotel staff, very clean rooms, very nice overall. I did not give it 5 stars because it had the loudest notices coming from other rooms next to us and floors above us that I have ever heard in a hotel, I did not get much sleep because of this but I realize not everyone is a light sleeper as well. Also, I can't stand it when hotels do not turn on the air condition in the hotel hallways or have it set very high, if I sweat walking from my room to the car, we have problems. Also we set our air in our room the lowest it would go and it said it was 62 ish but there is no way, I was sweating. It was very clean, I did not like the beds either , but in all honesty I have only found a few beds in 5 star hotels that I liked ( but that comes with a price tag). Overall I would stay here again because I am big on cleanliness and a HH member :D

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SmurfySmurfette80,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We apologize that you found the air temperature in the hallways and room uncomfortable. We will have someone from maintenance look into this. If at any time you have an issue with noise during a stay please let someone know. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible stay for all our guests and our Associates will take the necessary steps to insure the quality of your stay.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stopped one night after a very long and tiring drive. I called ahead to let them know I was arriving late even though I had given a credit card to hold the room. And I'm glad I called. The hotel was full with a business meeting and I heard the front desk juggling rooms for the people who were attending the meeting. So the hotel was very full, yet the front desk was courteous and helpful to me and others. I did have a little bit of trouble finding the turn in from the road as the signage is poor. Also the parking lot is a little small and it was difficult to find parking.

The hotel is newish and very attractive downstairs. My room was very large, clean, had microwave, coffee pot and a fridge with water already chilled inside. The bathroom had 2 basins and the towels were in a very convenient location for showering. Good water pressure too. I also liked that you could use your computer in your room, and print out downstairs in the busiiness center. A great idea I haven't seen before.

What I didn't like was that although I had a king bed room there was only one chair. There was plenty of room for more seating. It felt rather empty and would not be convenitent if two were travelling. Also the sheets were horribly stiff, rough and wrinkled. I believe they were clean, but the bed was definitely not welcoming. Breakfast was not free, which the front desk makes clear upon check-n. But the food was nice, cooked to order and pleasantly served.

I think this is OK for one night, but I would give a few others a try before returning to this property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
mcbr,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and we hope we will be able to serve you again in the future. We are sorry to hear that you found the bedding to be "rough" and "stiff," our staff prides themselves on providing the best possible stay and we will look into this. If you ever have an issue during your stay with us we invite you to speak with the nearest Associate and they will be happy to assist you in any way possible. We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast and invite you to return in the evenings to dine at our Great American Grill, serving classic American foods and local specialties.
Silsbee, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stopped in for one night & was extremely pleased. This is a newer hotel & it shows. The front desk staff was welcoming & very polite.
Our rooms were clean. Could have used a little more space between the beds & the tv & desk. Bathroom was very nice.

• Stayed June 2012
, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Meridian, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
legalcow,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Be sure to ask an Associate about all the great live entertainment venues in the city.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stopped here for the night during a long road trip. My husband is a diamond Hilton Honors, so needless to say we have stayed in many Hilton hotels. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was new and very clean and the rooms were very comfortable. We enjoyed staying at this hotel and would definitely stay there again. It was very convenient to numerous restaurants for dinner when we arrived late in the evening. The breakfast was top of the line for what we have seen at other Hilton Garden Inns.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Meridian? Share your experiences!