“We didn't get a chance to go in” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest
Attraction Details
Meridian, Mississippi
11 attraction reviews
“We didn't get a chance to go in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We tryed to get there a few times and always for some reasons it was closed. We live in Meridian and I wonder what if some tourists specially come to see and enjoy it but it is closed. It was a pity not to see it.

“Pretty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love the different animals on this very old carousel. Many children, as well as my own children, enjoy having their birthday parties here.

Nashville, Tn
12 attraction reviews
“Spinning into the past”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Not that easy to find (but not that hard either), the carousel, which is in a down-at-the-heels area, is striking. Built in 1896, the animals (giraffe, tigers, horses etc ) were hand carved from poplar and basswood. Oil paintings line the top and a ride is only 50 cents! Hold on. The animals don't goup and down but the carousel spends around at a gloriously fast clip. Be sure to read a about its history. (It's free - except for the 50 cents if you want to ride.)

Visited September 2012
Philadelphia, Mississippi
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The city of Meridian has done a great job restoring this carousel. I can remember my mom taking me to ride when I was a little girl(over 50) I'm so proud my grandchildren will have a chance to experience the ride on a REAL CAROUSEL. Not many left around this one is absolutely breath takingly beautiful.

Visited March 2012
Texas
13 attraction reviews
“CREATIVE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Carousel is BEATUIFUL...Wow, this man was creative. Ride are only 50cents per ride. This was our second visit. Adults love, Kids love it! Must take your kids! The park is nice as well.

Visited August 2012