“Meridian, MI Qualtiy Inn warm welcome!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Extend a Suites Meridian MS to your Saves list
Travelocity Booking.com
Extend a Suites Meridian MS
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Roebuck Dr, Meridian, MS 39301 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #15 of 29 hotels in Meridian
Iowa City, Iowa
“Meridian, MI Qualtiy Inn warm welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had a wonderful time during our stay at this Quality Inn. We used Choice points for our room, we were warmly welcomed and invited to a complimentary spaghetti dinner (monthly customer appreciation event, we were told) and met some other nice travelers that we really enjoyed talking with. The staff were great including the woman making omelettes in the morning. The mangaer seemed to know many of her long time guests (electricians and construction workers working at the new coal plant in the area) by name. I'm sure these extra touches mean a lot to guys working away from home for extended periods. Everything good!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I made the reservation thru choice hotels and usually when prices are slightly higher the property is usually nicer. I don't stay at quality inns very often because most are not great, I have stayed at some that were nice though. read some of the reviews on here and with most hotels in the area booked ans some decent reviews I took a chance.
When i arrived at the back of the lot and into the room it was the most depressing run down looking room I have seen in a long time. Absolutely no internet at all, took a few photos in disbelief and asked for another room.
They looked surprised at the front desk at my request, received another room which was worse but had a weak internet signal.
many people loitering in the parking lot, barbequeing etc.
many trucks and construction workers, and honestly, if you pay more than 40 dollars it is too much for this place.
I have rarely stayed in a place this bad, but not much choice that night in Meridian.
I wonder why some reviews were okay, maybe I was just extremely unlucky?

I had asked for non smoking, the second room had burn marks on the counter, burn marks on the carpeting, remains of spiders being smashed on the ceiling, torn bed cover, pieces of sheetrock missing, food remains in the room directory the list goes on. Almost a joke.

Next morning I was aksed how my stay was, in one word "terrible", they told me to talk to the manager for a refund, (I thought a good night was guaranteed), in hindsight I should have made a claim with the credit card company.

Uploaded some photos, but these really don't show the true condition at all.
Will never stay here again. Most choice hotels appreciate visits of diamond members, but not here. this room was 79.00 on the choice hotel website.
Needless to say I skipped breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We found this hotel online on our way to New Orleans. We rolled in around midnight and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is old and a little run down, but relatively clean. The bathroom floor was a little on the dirty side (hair, dust) and the room had that old hotel 'smell'. We only needed it for the night to rest up and finish our drive, so it suited our needs just fine. The wireless internet didn't work until after we woke up in the morning, but again, we really didn't need it. I will say the breakfast was great and way more than I expected.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seneca, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Older hotel, but clean. TV's need updating. Electrical outlet beside air conditioner did not work. Drop cords used under bed to connect lamps and alarm clock were old and brittle. I worried ahbout safety of those. Wonder if fire marshall would approve. Great breakfast with made to order eggs or omelets. Didn't see any meat, but had chpped ham for omelets. Great to have grits again. I had to clean dust off face of the TV. I am tempted to give an "average" rating, but because of electrical issues i'm going with a "poor".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place has a weird layout. Some of the rooms are towards the back of the property. I wasn't quite comfortable with that at first, but it ended up being a good stay. Breakfast is beyond excellent. Room was clean, air conditioning worked, and the bed was ok. The biggest thing that bothered me is that the hotel allows pets and housekeeping accidently let a dog out of the room and didnt even bother checking to see where the dog went (eventually it went back to the room), so pet owners be aware!!

I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Biked room in advance from coupon in one of those welcome station coupon books. Saved $20 over Internet rate. Hotel older but clean. Can back r car up to door of r room. Hot breakfast with made to order omlettes. Only drawback is lots of service trucks and men in hotel. Maybe not the best hotel for single woman but save enough for attentive families.

• Stayed July 2012
Temple, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

was totally surprised the units yet from a time past were clean and updated and the best bed (king) on the whole trip. the breakfast was cooked to order eggs bacon etc. plus all the other possible bf items. service was great.

Room Tip: first floor if possible exterior steps to 2nd floor