“Good stay for the money.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extend a Suites Meridian MS

Save Saved
You added Extend a Suites Meridian MS to your Saves list
Extend a Suites Meridian MS
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Roebuck Dr, Meridian, MS 39301 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Alabama
“Good stay for the money.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Good hotel for price. Clean and great breakfast. Friendly staff and convient to shopping and Interstate. Walls are a little thin and some rooms are not close to where you have to park, if your on second floor.

Room Tip: If you need a frig. and Microwave you will have to take second floor. All rooms are away from traff...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed in January 2012. It is very easy to get to from the interstate. The room we were assigned was clean, the furniture was clean nd stable. More importantly the bed linen was clean and we slept comfortable. This is a big deal for me. The bathroom was clean however it was freezing cold. I read other reviews and our experience was more on the positive side. We did use one of those coupon books to get an even better deal. As others have commented the breakfast was typical continental spread and the selection would suit most anyone. The hotel does have rooms to the outside. We did not see what others who reviewed claim. The only thing we saw were four deer near the back having a diner on an adjacent lawn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The room rate for a Friday evening in November was $79. The room had 2 full size beds, 2 broken chairs and a table which was crammed in the corner. The room was outdated, much light came in the room at night (exterior entry) and just felt dingy. We were not impressed with the room but one good thing about the stay was the complimentary breakfast. In the hotel lobby the have a staff member cooking made to order omeletes,they also offer yogurt, grits, cereal, juices, coffee, tea, biscuits & gravy, cornbeef hash, homemade waffles and pastries.

Not recommending this hotel due to the quality of the rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Euless, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We were traveling across Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. Some points on our trip we had a planned layover and reservations, others we did not. All the way from B&B to top casino suites. For the drive through Mississippi we did not have a planned stop over or reservations, but had picked up a magazine at the border welcome center that had coupons for lodging. Since we had spent a good deal of our vacation budget at casinos and on the bed & breakfast, we decided to spend this one night at just a plain economy type motel. It was getting time to pull over and spend the night, so 30 minutes before we reached Meridian, I flipped through the magazine and noticed that we could stay for $39.99 by using the coupon at the Quality Inn, and have access to Wi, plus a free HOT breakfast. We had thought about using the Best Western which offered similar....and wish we had even though I have no idea what the Meridian one is like. I don't think I've ever stayed at a Best Western that wasn't clean and comfortable though.

So, 30 minutes out...I called and asked about availability. The person on the phone had availability for the non-smoking room we requested, and just asked how long it would be before we arrived. She didn't even ask for a card to reserve since we were so close.

As we drove up, it looked modern and nice enough, and I was relieved when I saw a very clean and comfortable lobby. I could see into some of the open doors where conference rooms were in use, and that was reassuring to me that a business would book there. The person with whom I had spoken on the phone was on break when we were checking in, but another very nice lady helped us. Another business traveler was checking in as we were, and as we left he told us that this place has the best breakfast and he always stayed here on his route because of it. Again...I'm feeling so much better about all this....and for only $39.99 with that coupon. Especially since I'd asked how much the room rate was without the coupon and was told $80. And that's what the man had said he paid.

The room we were given was at the VERY BACK of the lot. As we pulled out of the portico and began to wind our way back to the very back, we passed a deserted service station right next to the grounds. Then as we were still winding our way past the different buildings that housed room units, I saw a man who looked like he was hiding in the forest of trees that surrounds the lot along the side and the back of the property. What had looked nice suddenly became a little nerve wracking. Who goes into the treeline to hide? For what purpose? It was not well lighted in this area, and I no longer wanted a hot free breakfast. But too late...and my husband kept reassuring me.

As we came around the corner, there were a group of men around a grill cooking out. Okay...so they provide this for the crews of construction workers that they house. That's good. I have nothing against construction workers....my family has a lot of them. We are just normal hard working people. And I feel for those who must be on the road and away from family in order to make a living. Maybe the Quality Inn helps make them a little less homesick with amenities like that. We notice several sitting on curbs away from the group, in order to use their cell phones. I'm thinking...calling home to stay in touch with the family...and it makes me feel warm at that thought. My heart goes out to them.

We finally reach the very back where our unit is located. Again...construction vehicles and car hauling truckers parked everywhere. We barely have room to squeeze our mid size Chevy HHR into a parking spot. And we notice that the workers are all hanging out outside their units and around their cars and it's very noisy. We get stared at...but I guess we were staring as well. I can handle that.

But when we open the door and see the room....I don't even have to say the first word. I know it's as bad as I think it is when my husband jumps in with "It's only for one night."

Having just come from a wonderful bed and breakfast experience in Louisiana.....any hotel room would have been a let down. Even a nice suite. Can't describe it as a little let down.....it was the bottom PITS!

Walls that haven't been painted in forever with stains, cracks....grim. Carpets haven't been replaced even before that. This room looked like it had been partied in on many occasions. It was nothing the cleaning crew could have done to make it cleaner. The whole room needed to be renovated. The bed was not comfortable, and I did not sleep well worrying about the sanitary issue of the mattress.

It was VERY noisy from all the folks tarrying outside our room. Not so much their voices, but they did enjoy gunning engines, screeching brakes, and pulling in and out of the parking lot all night. The drapes don't help much in keeping those car head lights from coming in.

I would have demanded my money back had I paid $80...and left. I wanted to demand my $40 back and leave....it was that bad, but I tried to "cowgirl up and be a good sport" because hubby had made sure all of the other places we had stayed and planned to stay were nice.

The breakfast was okay. They have a lady that prepares an omelette for you after you select your ingredients, biscuits & gravy. Neither of these are from scratch, but mixes. They also provide continental type foods.....cereals/fruit/bagals.

To their credit, the staff asked how the stay was, and I told her the condition of the room was not acceptable. But it's nothing the staff can do. The Quality Inn is not quality. The only thing that is quality there is the nice staff. The Quality Inn management should be ashamed of the condition of the rooms.

The word "Quality Inn" is now a joke between my husband and myself. As we continued our trip, we enjoyed seeing the "Quality Inn" on the interstate in each town that had one, and we waved as we passed it by.

I can't speak for other "Quality Inns" because I haven't stayed in any others. But I would not recommend the Quality Inn in Meridan, Mississippi to anyone, nor will I stay there on any return trip to that area.

Room Tip: In this particular facility in Meridian, I would advise you to ask to see the room before you choose...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sedona, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was in on a road trip recently that included MS - during the torrential rains from Tropical Storm Lee. I arrived early afternoon in Meridian and thought it best to get off the road. I appreciated that I was able to check in early to the Quality Inn. The front desk personnel (including a trainee) were very nice and helpful. The lobby was well-appointed and the grounds were decent. The room? Not so much.

The room was old and in desperate need of updating. Scuffed and battered walls (including a large hole by the towel bar), shabby carpet and bedspread. It was roomy and clean enough to provide shelter for one night. The wall unit a/c was extremely noisy and emitted unpleasant smells. As the temps had dropped to the 50's and very damp, I made the mistake of turning on the heat. The whole thing smelled as though it would burn up any minute! Had to open the door, and it took a while to clear the air.

I stayed because the weather was so bad and I didnt' have much choice. Definitely would not recommend this hotel. The free breakfast was decent, but I was certainly glad to leave the next day! Even with AAA, the room (plus taxes) was nearly $80!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Room very clean, safe and secure. Bed large and very comfortable. Rates excellent and front desk people were very helpful. Free breakfast in the morning was good also.

Room Tip: Park at your door.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Natick, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We travel with our dog alot. We were very pleasantly surprised that this hotel had no charge for our dog. The check in was very nice, turns out the gal at the counter was the owners daughter. She was so helpful. The rooms are ok a little dated but clean. The cost was $67 plus 9 % tax. The next morning we spoke with the owner. Very nice man and very good to his staff. We will stay her again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extend a Suites Meridian MS? Share your experiences!