“Very Unhelpful Clerk” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 hotels in Meridian
Dallas, Texas
“Very Unhelpful Clerk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Normally I don't write reviews when staying in the cheaper motels since one can't expect much. This review is mainly written to let others know of a bad experience. Although the motel was not all that bad (for a Motel6), the person at the desk was very unhelpful. I asked for a room on the first floor since I had five large totes that are heavy and had to carry them. She still would not give me a lower floor room. I didn't ask why assuming the motel was full but the parking lot was almost completely empty, even after 8PM. Now I assume she just didn't care which is how some people are. Later I asked for advice and still no help from this person. She smiled friendly but it seemed on the inside she had no desire to be helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Texarkana, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were making a 12 hour drive to SC, and arrived in Meridian around 3:30a.m. All of the other hotels were full, and we decided to stay for a few hours, as we had been on the road for six hours. The only good thing I can say is that the front desk clerk was nice. The sheets were disgusting! There was black hair all over both beds, what looked like food crumbs was in the sheets as well, and there was a brown substance on the pillow case. There were also dirty footprints where someone had sat on one bed and placed their feet on the white sheets. The bathroom sink had obviously not been cleaned in quite a while, as there were short hairs where a man had shaved on the counter top and around the fixtures. I had to lay on top of the quilt, used my shirt for a pillow and wore all of my clothes. Needless to say I did not get much sleep. Had it been any other time of day, and had we not been exhausted, we'd have loaded up our things and driven further down the road. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed at this Motel 6 for a single night on our way to New Orleans, LA this past Sunday. The room itself was supposedly smoke free but still smelled like someone had been smoking in it. The floors were clean, but the comforter had many stains and holes in it. Needless to say, I slept on top of the covers. The shower was small and the walls had hair all over them. The towels were covered in hair from previous guests. One thing I did not anticipate was the amount of road noise we would get. The hotel is located directly next to the interstate so it is VERY loud at night. Oh, and they say they have WiFi, but they neglect to mention that it's only free if you stay a week or more.
You get what you pay for basically. It's a place to stay for a single night, but I wouldn't recommend a prolonged stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 139. I checked the room for both bed bugs and roaches, so I at least know that one...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was the 2nd time we have stayed here in the last 4 months due to business. It is the dirtiest motel 6 we have ever been in. The floor was filthy. The sheets seemed dirty. Tiny shower with hair stuck to the walls. Hair on the floor and toilet. We will never be back and do not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here on my way down to the Gulf. This is an older style, corporate built, Motel 6 like so many others across the nation. It is a bit worn, but it gives you a good night's sleep for a relatively cheap price (the entire area is overpriced for hotel rooms).

My only complaint was finding the way from the exit to the hotel (southbound). It was pure luck I turned on the right access road. On the other hand, the staff was the friendliest hotel staff of my entire trip.

It was a lonely Christmas eve, with only a Waffle House, a Wendy's drive through, or gas station food for dinner. In the morning I drove around the downtown before leaving town. It is a depressing area of our country. I hope things pick up for them soon around those parts.

Room Tip: Upper away from traffic in the middle is best as the hotel is right next to the freeway, and the rea...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hampton, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were driving from Tx and our children 1& 4 were restless and we decide to try and stop so they can rest for a few hours. Which we still had a long ride ahead of us. Which in the past other motel 6 were GREAT!!!! But on the other hand this one SUCK..we ask for a non smoking room which we got into the room and it smell just like smoke. The bed were small not comfortable at all. We should have slept in the car for the price we paid. $50 was way to much for a run dwn room. It's right off the highway which we heard every truck etc.. that pass by. After 3 hours which we only needed we left ASAP. Unless the things in your life doesn't require nice accommodations this is a place for you.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This motel 6 is overpriced, runs come out to be $50 with tax! $45.99. Before tax, there's no reason I should be charging over $35.99 the floors are some kind of cheap a laminate wood they are dirty, I don't think they have ever replace the toilet seat! Very old style TV that is very small! It looks like housekeeping puts way too much water on the floors you can tell they're not going to last very long. But the positive is the beds are very comfy and firm I wouldn't hesitate to say they're not too old. Maybe a year or two. Parking lot is not very well lit but didn't have any issues.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Meridian? Share your experiences!