“Good rating” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Meridian to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Meridian
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Roebuck Dr, Meridian, MS 39301   |
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Meridian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kempner, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great if you are traveling on 20 with pets or a trailer. Swimming pool is green and very small. Bathrrom is 5x7. Ac not great. But at about $75 it is passable. El Norteno restaurant close by is great. Waffle House "ok".

• Stayed October 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Booked two nights here because it was the mid-priced option of the few pet-friendly hotels listed in Meridian. While the room was actually not bad for the budget-conscious traveler, the rest of this facility and surroundings was depressing. This is an old property with extra paint slopped on and the carpets steam-cleaned. The desk staff were either unintelligible, inattentive, absent or indifferent. On night two of my stay, the toilet overflowed at 2:30 am, flooding the bathroom. I went to the lobby in search of a mop and plunger to clean up the mess, and was told by the night desk clerk (who had two male "associates" shuffling around behind her...2:40 am, remember) that "we don't do mops". Really, no mops or plungers in a hotel. I told her I was leaving for another hotel, and would like to be refunded for the night, which she said would be fine. At checkout (2:50 am), her story changed to "you'll have to call Travelocity". Which I did after returning home; they called the hotel, who denied the incident (surprise, surprise), so no refund. I don't even care about the money...just don't subject yourself or your family to this dump. Pay extra, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Kathleen, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This La Quinta in Meridian has by far been the worst La Quinta that my family has stayed at (Aug 13, 2013), and we have stayed at a few. For starters, My wife and I had booked a King size bed online, but when we got to the hotel and to the room, the room had 2 doubles instead. Aside from that, when I poked my head in the bathroom, I saw a roach scurry across the floor. When I went back to the front desk to let the lady working at the counter know about the beds, she gave me some reason about the online information isn't actually connected to the reality of what's available at the hotel. This sounded hokey to me...since she also mentioned that there was a convention going on in town, and there were no more rooms available. I'm thinking that someone from that convention who came in before me wanted a King bed instead of the double they got, and she switched us out, thinking it wouldn't matter. Aside from that, there were some shady looking characters hanging around the front entrance. Why weren't they made to leave? The lobby and hallway areas had a strange smell. We tried to see if we could get a room at the Holiday Inn Express across the street, but unfortunately, they were all booked up, so we didn't have much choice but to stay there. As an earlier reviewer mentioned, La Quinta should remove there sign from this hotel; it is giving them a bad name. Never again!

Room Tip: Stay away from this La Quinta!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Springfield, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

If I would have let the lobby and elevator determine whether we stayed or not, we would have left. The elevator walls had something "splashed" all over and the lobby smelled very musty. But suprisingly when we got to the room it had been remodeled and was much nicer and cleaner than we expected. It was OK for a quick overnight stay on our way to Florida. But not the best.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before you stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
McDonough, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stopped to ask if they had any rooms available, and was told yes by the rudest desk clerk that I have ever come in contact with. I had a coupon but was rudely told that they were not accepting their own coupon and her only reason was we are just not accepting them. I was happy to get back into my car safely. There was this strange looking man sitting out front just rolling his eyes at everyone as they entered the building. Never again would I attempt to stay at this remake of a LaQuinta.

Room Tip: Train the desk clerk that was on duty August 2, 2013 in people skills and not have menacing people...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Meridian? Share your experiences!