“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 29 hotels in Meridian
Springfield, MO
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

If I would have let the lobby and elevator determine whether we stayed or not, we would have left. The elevator walls had something "splashed" all over and the lobby smelled very musty. But suprisingly when we got to the room it had been remodeled and was much nicer and cleaner than we expected. It was OK for a quick overnight stay on our way to Florida. But not the best.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before you stay.

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
McDonough, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stopped to ask if they had any rooms available, and was told yes by the rudest desk clerk that I have ever come in contact with. I had a coupon but was rudely told that they were not accepting their own coupon and her only reason was we are just not accepting them. I was happy to get back into my car safely. There was this strange looking man sitting out front just rolling his eyes at everyone as they entered the building. Never again would I attempt to stay at this remake of a LaQuinta.

Room Tip: Train the desk clerk that was on duty August 2, 2013 in people skills and not have menacing people...

Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stay away from this hotel! During our stay last week, we discovered that the back door to the hotel had no lock or even a latch. It had apparently been ripped off and the door just had some masking tape over the hole where the lock should have been. The door opened and closed freely. The masking tape looked like it had been there a while so I'm assuming this is not a big priority for them.

New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Was traveling with family and when we walked in to this hotle my 6 year old son looked at me and said "this place stinks". There is an oder of cleaning products mixed with smoke and dogs throughout the hotel. When we arrived in our room every thing seemed clean until I found a big clump of hair and some unknown stain on a bath towel. The worst of it was a blood stain found on the bed sheet . I would not stay here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This motel is in desperate need of remodeling although the clerk indicated this had been done in March 2013. The management should get their money back because the remodelers missed a lot of things. On for instance. The door to our room would not close completely and we were fearful of the security. We will never use this motel again, ever!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Clarksville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

After reading some reviews, I was leery about staying here. But when I checked in, I was greeted by a very friendly guest clerk. We got rooms in the first floor. It appeared to have been recently remodeled. My room had 2 beds. They were comfortable. The room was clean. They allowed my pets at no additional charge. Great location just off 20 East. All in all, I had a great night and got a great value on my room. I believe I paid less than $70. I loved that check out time wasn't until Noon. Ideal for those of us who aren't early risers. The only thing I would have to complain about is the free breakfast. I hoped there would be gravy, biscuits, eggs and bacon. There wasn't. But there was make it yourself waffles, orange and apple juice, coffee, hot chocolate and hot tea. Grits and oatmeal, toast and bagels, with cream cheese, butter, syrup and peanut butter. Cereal and milk, oranges and yogurt. I also smelled cigarette smoke in the hall the next morning. It didn't bother me, but it may bother others. And there was no trash bag in the trash can in the room. But hey, I didn't have to clean the room, so no biggie. All 5 stars except for the free breakfast. But it was free, so thumbs up for another great stay at a great La Quinta.

• Stayed July 2013
Lebanon, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We usually check the room for cleanliness before we accept the room; however when I peeked in and saw the nice clean bed, I made the mistake of not checking anything else before we "moved" in. The bathroom was not completely clean: pubic hair stuck on the toilet seat and dead roach behind the toilet! Then my 3 yr old was sitting on the floor and said, "Mommy, what's this?" while holding up a pill bottle he retrieved from under the edge of the bed. What if it hadn't been empty and my child had ingested something very toxic? Let me just say we usually do a different chain of hotels in our travels and had decided to branch out for something "nicer". Terrible mistake! Won't happen again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Meridian? Share your experiences!