“Friendly Service, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Meridian
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Roebuck Dr, Meridian, MS 39301   |
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Clarksville, Arkansas
“Friendly Service, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

After reading some reviews, I was leery about staying here. But when I checked in, I was greeted by a very friendly guest clerk. We got rooms in the first floor. It appeared to have been recently remodeled. My room had 2 beds. They were comfortable. The room was clean. They allowed my pets at no additional charge. Great location just off 20 East. All in all, I had a great night and got a great value on my room. I believe I paid less than $70. I loved that check out time wasn't until Noon. Ideal for those of us who aren't early risers. The only thing I would have to complain about is the free breakfast. I hoped there would be gravy, biscuits, eggs and bacon. There wasn't. But there was make it yourself waffles, orange and apple juice, coffee, hot chocolate and hot tea. Grits and oatmeal, toast and bagels, with cream cheese, butter, syrup and peanut butter. Cereal and milk, oranges and yogurt. I also smelled cigarette smoke in the hall the next morning. It didn't bother me, but it may bother others. And there was no trash bag in the trash can in the room. But hey, I didn't have to clean the room, so no biggie. All 5 stars except for the free breakfast. But it was free, so thumbs up for another great stay at a great La Quinta.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lebanon, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We usually check the room for cleanliness before we accept the room; however when I peeked in and saw the nice clean bed, I made the mistake of not checking anything else before we "moved" in. The bathroom was not completely clean: pubic hair stuck on the toilet seat and dead roach behind the toilet! Then my 3 yr old was sitting on the floor and said, "Mommy, what's this?" while holding up a pill bottle he retrieved from under the edge of the bed. What if it hadn't been empty and my child had ingested something very toxic? Let me just say we usually do a different chain of hotels in our travels and had decided to branch out for something "nicer". Terrible mistake! Won't happen again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed at many La Quinta hotels across the country over several years. This is the worst place I have ever stayed at. La Quinta should take their name off the hotel. The room is very old but clean. Due to safety issues, the back door had no lock on it. The one night I stayed there was a big fight on my floor between a couple of families in the hallway, slugging each other. I called front desk and the police. After the police settled them down, I called the front desk and asked why the guests were not asked to leave, manager said he can't control the guests. I asked if this happened often and he told me he had been transferred there form Birmingham last week to straighten out the place. The next morning I went to breakfast. La Quinta usually has more than a Continental breakfast, with scrambled eggs, sometimes fresh biscuits and gravy. This place had stale cereal and waffles, yuk! Go anywhere but this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't book a room here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Number 1, it's clean but it's time to remodel. During our stay: the elevator was out, the TV pixeled badly. Bed was comfortable and sir worked well. I guess for the price is and for a single night, it was acceptable.

• Stayed July 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We traveled to this hotel to spend a night on our way to Florida. We called the morning of our arrival to be sure we were getting a non-smoking room, due to having a child with numerous health issues related to breathing. Upon arrival, we were assured our room was non-smoking. But when we went up to our room, it was clearly a smoking room, smelled so smoky, even had an ash-tray on the sink. Wow. I called the front-desk immediately, but was told that the hotel was fully-booked, and we could leave a try another hotel. I reminded them it was 11pm, and we were in a strange city with 2 small kids, where most hotels were probably also sold out for the night. I was not about to leave the one room we did have, even though it was a smoking room. The hotel itself needs some major work, it is in bad shape. The back door had a huge whole where a lock should have been. There were pets everywhere, which means lots of mess. We will not go back here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

After driving all day, it was great getting a clean room and beds that were comfortable. I loved that pets were accepted with no extra fee and they had a safe place for dogs to do their business. When I asked about a pizza place, the desk clerk offered coupons of several places. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Meridian? Share your experiences!