“Great southern hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 29 hotels in Meridian
Pearland, TX
“Great southern hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Very pleased with room, pool and staff. Clean room, warm pool very friendly staff although confusing exit off the freeway. Asked for additional pillows and they did not have any available. They recommended a restaurant that was very good. We would stay here again. We are on a 3week vacation, hopefully the remainder of our hotels are this nice.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Springdale, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The staff was so courteous and professional. Our room was exceptionally clean and the breakfast area was well maintained. There was many breakfast choices and the food was very good. I definitely recommend this hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here after traveling several hrs on our way home from vacation. It was a clean, updated room and the bed was very comfortable. The complaint I have is that it was more pricey than other holiday inns I have stayed at and there was NO continental breakfast. Nothing. Not even a muffin or poptart. I've stayed at several other HDE's and have always been offered a Full, hot breakfast for free. For the price they charge you would think they could spare a fruit bowl or something for their paying guests.

• Stayed July 2013
Mobile, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I recently had a short trip to Meridian, Mississippi, and opted for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites for my lodging. Upon entering the property, I was very pleased with the large lobby with its very polished floor. I felt as though this was an upgraded version of this brand. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient, and the room to which I was assigned met all of my needs. Noting the times for the complimentary breakfast in the morning was from 6:30 am to 9:30am, I was naturally concerned when I headed downstairs at 9:17am. I was pretty certain from past experiences with hotel comp. breakfast that as I was arriving so late, there would be very little left to eat or it would just not look very desirable at this late hour. Wow! I was pleasantly surprised. Every item was still plentiful and looking like it was just freshly placed! The room was immaculately clean and the servers were very attentive to maintaining the food buffet and tending to the guests. The food was quite good.....I liked the bacon! On my way back up to my room I met a housekeeper and complimented her on the outstanding appearance and service of the hotel. She thanked me and informed me that they are about to be renovated after being open for ten years now. This hotel did not look in need of renovation to me, but I applaud the effort behind the continued upkeep and maintenance of this property. Most impressive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here as an overnight stop on the way to a longer vacation. Front desk staff on the Sunday afternoon we arrived were GREAT! At check-in, they were experiencing problems with the elevator and at first told us they would put us on the first floor if problems continued. One of the staff had the elevator key and took us to our second floor room. We came down, but when we returned from dinner, we had to go up the stairs to reach our room on the second floor as they had decided to leave us there instead of giving us the room on the first floor. The next morning when we got ready to leave, no one had the key to the elevator and we were expected to bring all of our luggage and "stuff" down the stairs! We, along with some other guests, figured out how to work around the elevator's problem so we did not have to carry everything down the stairs. Given the chance for a do-over, we would have insisted on a room on the first floor or gone somewhere else. HOWEVER, other than that, the hotel was fine. If not for the elevator problem and how it was handled, would have rated overall higher and would have given excellent on the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Meridian, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear JanJansJourneys,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to improve the service we provide.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with our elevators and deeply regret that this aspect has negatively affected your overall experience with us. It is our fullest intention to fulfill and meet our guests' needs, as such, your comments will be reviewed to ensure that we provide the best guest experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I do hope that you give us again the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future so we can show you what we have done.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jackson Miss.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Worst Hotel Experience Ever !!!

Three months ago I made reservations at the HI Express, Meridian via telephone. I used my Priority Club number, and had reservation confirmation emailed to me. On Monday, four days prior, I called and confirmed. On Friday, while driving to the hotel, I called, confirmed, and let the man at the front desk know I would be arriving after dinner. I was assured the room was ready, and noted the odd name of the man I spoke with. (He had an odd name.)

I arrived a few hours later, approximately 6:30 pm. I was greeted by the young man with the odd name, who was quite possibly the most incompetent, uncaring, and arrogant person I have ever met. He explained that since I had not shown up, he had given my room to someone else. He then said the hotel was full, and I should go somewhere else. I informed him that I had spoken TO HIM earlier, that I had called and confirmed twice! He initially denied speaking to me, then stated he tried to call but my phone did not work. His story then changed, as he stated he had called me, but I did not answer. Every word this man uttered was a changing barrage of lies and stupidity.

Regardless, when I explained I was now hundreds of miles from home, with no hotel room, on a late Friday evening, he was clueless and rude. I felt like I was dealing with a mentally incompetent child! I then asked to speak to his manager, but “she ain’t available.” I asked again how it was possible that he had given away my room, he became argumentative, and hostile. He blamed me for “showing up so late” then stated my credit card was declined. (an outright ridiculous untruth). I truly feel that as my frustration grew, this ignorant young man actually wanted to physically fight me. He had zero ability to communicate rationally, and when confronted with HIS mistake, his only ability was to become an angry defensive immature bully.

I demanded to speak to someone, anyone other than this horrible incompetent buffon, but he refused and insulted me, using the highly intelligent phrase “***profanity deleted***.” I assume it is now Holiday Inn Policy to allow front desk employees to usual insults and profanity to deal with problems of their own creation.

Thanks to his incompetence, I was forced to drive 40 miles out of town to find a room. Management offered no assistance, and even as I left the Holiday Inn Express property, he continued to insult and behave like an unruly, undisciplined child.

I would rather sleep in a muddy ditch, than ever return to this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Meridian, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear JacksonGuy,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you taking time to help us continually improve our guests services.

It is very disappointing to read that we have left you with a less than memorable guest experience. I humbly apologize for the poor customer care that our staff has provided you and deeply regret the dissatisfaction and inconvenience this has caused you. It is our fullest intention to fulfill our guest's needs and I am truly sorry for we have failed to deliver the highest level of service that you deserve.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This Hotel has easy access to the highways but is quiet. The front desk staff are friendly and very helpful. This is a good location for restaurants and service stations. The rooms and the hotel are very clean and comfortable. Great swimming pool and health room.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 311 and it had a view of the parking lot but it was a comfortable room and it was q...