“Really Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
“Really Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My two teenagers, my parents, myself, and my mother's service dog stayed overnight here. The young man who checked us in was sweet and didn't rush. He also gave us all the info on where to get to the pool, fitness room, & times of breakfast in the morning. We had 2 rooms and they put us close together. The pool and hot tub was awesome. The fitness room was ok, but it did what I needed for an early am work out. The overnight desk clerk must have had a long night because when I went to take the dog out for my mother, and yes we travel with its ID and all, she started in on me about the hotel not accepting dogs. Then when I explained that it was a service dog, and showed the ID, she wanted to tell me I couldn't have the dog on the elevator. She was a bit cranky, so I handed her a copy of the OFFICAL ADA GUIDELINES for all business. All I can say is if you have employees working, train them. Just because she wasn't aware of what this dog IS allowed to do, other guests had to hear her rather loudly try to run the dog out of "HER" hotel. At least she cared.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Nice hotel with friendly staff in a quite location but still close to highway. Only downside is that rooms are not the very best. Not bad. But could do with some freshen up

• Stayed June 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed here one night on our way to Orange Beach,AL. The motel is in a pretty decent location and fairly easy to get to. The $124 a night price tag is a bit over the top. Our room was clean, spacious and quiet, automatically 3 good things going for it. The motel is older and the room had that slight older motel smell. I would have to say what I really liked most (& some may find this silly) was the fat shower head and the fabulous water pressure. We did not partake of the breakfast as we slept in and dined at Cracker Barrell but I could smell it in my room and it did smell good. Overall a very good experience and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012
sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Hotel getting a little worn. Pool area not tip top and rooms could do with some tlc. Might be time for some overhaul or lowering pruce

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Meridian, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Sefranker,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while at the hotel.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Morrison, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This hotel is very nice. Kept clean and rooms are very large. The staff was friendly and would recommend this hotel if in Meridian. The breakfast is great with any Holiday Inn Express. They have a nice large area set up for it also.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed here on a road trip from Texas to Georgia. Easy access from I-20. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Water pressure in the shower was great. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are close to everything - ice machine, laundry, breakfast area, vending machines...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stayed here as I drove to Texas. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Excellent hot breakfast in the am. I would recommend to anyone looking for a good place to stay while traveling.

• Stayed November 2011