“Comfortable and simple” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Atlanta, Georgia
“Comfortable and simple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here as I drove to Texas. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Excellent hot breakfast in the am. I would recommend to anyone looking for a good place to stay while traveling.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Decent if overpriced accomodations with good breakfast. The only problem i have is drunk construction workers hanging out every night at the portico. This is a problem with most HIE hotels. Needless to say i seldom see families and almost never see children at any HIE. This has got to hurt overall business and i can't understand why they allow this. This is also common at the Canton Mississippi hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JACKSONVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is the 2nd time we've stayed at this hotel. 1st time was June of 2008(hotel's staff and service was excellent then). This was our top choice when making reservations to visit our hometown. It was 3 adults and my 1yr old son. We had a 9-hr drive from Florida and were greeted with excellent service by the hotel staff. One of the housekeepers(Tammie) provided us with top notch service when we asked for more towels. She even gave us extra bottles of water so we could re-hydrate ourselves from the long drive. Such a sweet gesture b/c it was HOT outside. The rooms were clean as well as the bathroom. Fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hotel's bed. So comfortable even my son enjoyed it. I wanted to bring it home with us b/c he slept 11hrs in it. Something he rarely does at home. The breakfast was decent. Unfortunately our stay wasn't on any of the "bacon days" LOL. And also the jacuzzi was out of service "indefinitely" which was a downer but the covered pool(which is always clean) was still an added bonus. Our stay was during Tropical Storm Irene(I believe, whichever was around during Labor Day weekend) so it was nice to still be able to get some fresh air(pool area is enclosed but has sliding doors to get fresh air) and swim even though it was raining cats & dogs outside.

I love this hotel. Will of course stay there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are a great choice!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
North Oaks, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The location attracted us and the price was right. The property is aged and few if any improvements have ever been made.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My 23-year old daughter, who is in law school at Alabama, and I met in Meridian to go to Mississippi’s Young Distinguished Woman of the Year, which is held in Meridian each summer. Each of us had a one and a half hour drive, so we decided that we would have a girls’ weekend and go to the program. I decided to take my son’s 8-year old daughter and really make it a fun weekend for us girls. My granddaughter loves her aunt, and she does not get to see her very often. My daughter had been a Junior Miss (same thing) in high school, and this year I had a student who was representing our county in the program. We were so excited and had been so looking forward to the trip. That excitement wore thin soon after we arrived at the hotel. I am a priority club member. My granddaughter and I arrived first and went to the hotel, only to be told that they did not have two queens for us as they had said they would; they only had king rooms left. (They didn’t save one for us? I had made the reservation in plenty of time for them to do so.) OK…we headed to the room to be greeted, as we opened the door, by the potent smell of cigarette smoke. Since this is a non-smoking hotel, I found that a bit strange. The clerk at the desk came down to” spray” the room with “odor control spray” and explained that people gathered outside the room near the portico to smoke, so the smoke was drawn in through the air conditioner. About the time I was getting the beginning of a migraine, the clerk returned and took us to another room. (Thank you..that was kind.) We then dressed and met my daughter at the theatre and had a lovely time watching the program. When we returned to the hotel about midnight, we could not get in the door near our room, the same door I had been instructed to use with my card. OK…no problem…we walked around the hotel, entered from the front door, (again no problem), and looked forward to some much needed sleep. Imagine my horror when I pulled the covers back and discovered traces of blood on the top sheet. (It could have been a stain, but no way was I sleeping in sheets with blood on them.) I called the desk and calmly told the night clerk. He told me he could give me some more sheets if I came to the desk and got them. I told him I was in my PJ’s and was not about to get dressed. He agreed to “run” down and bring me the sheets. He did so kindly and expressed concern and said he would tell the housekeeping staff. We changed the sheets, crawled into bed, and finally got some sleep. The next morning, I headed to breakfast before the other “girls.” (By the way, we were never told the hours of the breakfast, but I assumed since it was Saturday, the ending hours would be about 10….nope) I hastily gathered up yogurt and cereal and took it back to the room so that we could have breakfast before the hostess put away what was left of the food. We decided to get out and shop a bit. Imagine my surprise when I received a call from the in the early afternoon basically asking why our things were still in the room. I had used reward points the first night and arranged to pay for the second night’s reservation. I was assured at check-in that all details would all be moved into one reservation and that all would be fine…apparently not…The clerk was clueless about the second night’s reservation and instructed me that I would have to come by the desk to sign some more papers and get the keys reactivated. When we returned to the hotel, I completed the paper work… again…reported the blood on the sheets… again…only to be told again that the housekeeping staff would be told. (How about the manager?) We headed to the room with bags and purses, umbrellas and rain jackets…only to find that the keys did not work after all. Another trip to the desk…another rekeying, and another trip back to the room. When we got up the next morning, it was pouring rain. I moved the car to pack it and headed back in to get the rest of the luggage. I left the dripping umbrella in the hall so that the hotel room’s carpet would not get wet. To add insult to injury, when we finally got all of the stuff together and started for the car, my umbrella was gone! Someone had taken it. Really?!! I know that is not the management’s fault, but it still put a damper (no pun intended) on our already sagging spirits. I have stayed in some really nice HI Express hotels, but I would not put this hotel anywhere near the level of “really nice.” It wasn’t any one thing that was so unimpressive, but all of the little things added together to suggest ineffective management. I don’t think HI Express would be happy with the impression we got from this hotel. I will think twice before staying at another HI Express now, and since I travel a great deal with high school students all year, that is a shame. This one hotel has negatively influenced me to avoid HI Express when I can.

Room Tip: go to the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We were exhausted from a driving all day with two small children and were anxious about what type of accomodations we would have based on the previous nights stay in another state. Wow ... great, clean, comfortable rooms. I seriously wanted to take the bed home with me. Nice flat screen television. We all slept like babies, including our baby, and were sad to leave early the next morning as it would have been great to hang out and enjoy the room more. Across the high way from the hotel is a shopping district so it looks like there are places to shop and eat at while staying at the hotel. Breakfast was also delicious and reasonably priced. There are small flat screen televisions at each booth, which was nice for the kids while we ate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lexington, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

This was a great hotel! It is new and was very clean. They had a nice pool. The staff was very helpful. They put us in the handicap room so we could have extra space. Nice big room. They even had a porta crib we could use for the baby.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Meridian? Share your experiences!