“Overnight Stay At The Racetrack” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Meridian
Milledgeville Georgia
“Overnight Stay At The Racetrack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at this property one night on our way to the Dixie Youth World Series. The hotel is in very good shape and the staff was very nice. I didn't use the pool, bar, or restaurant , but they looked nice.
The rooms were very nice and maintained. All in all, the hotel is a good choice if you are not a lite sleeper. The hotel is VERY close to the access road and the Interstate. Traffic noise all day and night ; big trucks. You would think they would have insulated the walls and windows more being in that location. They didn,t !

Room Tip: Donot stay on the I- 20 side The noise from traffic is night and day.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed one night while en route to Texas. Very nice rooms and reception area. Comfy bed, but hated the pillows. Most were too thick, great for reading in bed, but not for sleeping on. Since we were pulling a U-Haul trailer, we were glad to see the hotel offered complimentary shuttle service to local restaurants. Driver was prompt and courteous.

• Stayed August 2013
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

First let me say that the staff and hotel were overall good. We didn't try the bar or restaurant, so I can't speak for those. The only negative issue experienced was the noise coming from the highway and entrance ramp, which are a matter of feet from the hotel. During the day there were vehicles accelerating as they entered the ramp which created a lot of noise, but it did quite down a little during the night.

Room Tip: I would ask for a certain room location away from the highway, but they all face the highway from wh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear keltoid,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. However, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My dad, children and I had three rooms for two days at the Holiday Inn in Meridian. The hotel was in excellent shape, the staff was welcoming and helpful, the rooms were very fine, and we especially enjoyed the dining area and bar area. Breakfast was very good, although a bit high-priced. This hotel is located on the frontage road that is one-way and runs alongside the Interstate. Use your GPS and mapping apps and you'll be fine in getting around. There are lots of chain dining places nearby, but for a special treat go into downtown and eat at Weidman's, which has been there since 1870.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ridgeland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Three year old hotel in excellent shape with excellent and very helpful staff. Only ate breakfast, which was good, but dining facility was excellent with tv screen at every table. Rooms were nice, beds comfortable. Refrigerator. Location is convenient to get to, but away fro downtown. Hotel provides a shuttle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Covington, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I do a lot of work out of town and therefore stay a few different hotels. This is one that I would stay at again. The rooms were clean and very nice, as was the rest of the hotel. Comfort was NOT an issue.

The restaurant was ok; nothing to brag about. But it worked in a pinch. The service in the restaurant needs some work. I'm not sure if they were understaffed for the day, but they had the waitress also delivering room service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Meridian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel staff were great! Everyine friendly and knowledgeable . Great roooms, clean , fresh, comportable! Happy hour bar drinks were superb! Thanks Dana ! You were the perfect host! Then the front desk staff were so helpful and frinedly! Thank lyou Nichole and Victoria for making this a perfect trip! We will tell all who ask where we would stay! Suggest a side trip to Weidemanns for one dinner and then a must is also Chunky Shoals Fish Camp out HY 80! Great memory and food! All in all a perfect trip back to the parental home place ! Montana Boy and Tennessee Sisters!

Room Tip: We asked for the rooms ont he bck side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59? Share your experiences!