“Working out of Town” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Meridian
Covington, Louisiana
“Working out of Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I do a lot of work out of town and therefore stay a few different hotels. This is one that I would stay at again. The rooms were clean and very nice, as was the rest of the hotel. Comfort was NOT an issue.

The restaurant was ok; nothing to brag about. But it worked in a pinch. The service in the restaurant needs some work. I'm not sure if they were understaffed for the day, but they had the waitress also delivering room service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Meridian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel staff were great! Everyine friendly and knowledgeable . Great roooms, clean , fresh, comportable! Happy hour bar drinks were superb! Thanks Dana ! You were the perfect host! Then the front desk staff were so helpful and frinedly! Thank lyou Nichole and Victoria for making this a perfect trip! We will tell all who ask where we would stay! Suggest a side trip to Weidemanns for one dinner and then a must is also Chunky Shoals Fish Camp out HY 80! Great memory and food! All in all a perfect trip back to the parental home place ! Montana Boy and Tennessee Sisters!

Room Tip: We asked for the rooms ont he bck side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stopped in here on a marathon drive back from Houston. Clean enough and nice people. It is very convenient to the highway and we did not hear a lot of noise. it was a good hotel visit. I am a little confused why there has to be 200 characters, This last part is simply to fill in those spaces.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear MikeM3863,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is great you found our staff to be nice and location convenient. It is hugely motivating to receive positive feedback from guests like you.

I hope we get the chance of hosting you again should you be back to the area.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Always a welcoming smile from a superior front desk staff. Accommodations are cozy comfortable, immpecably clean and priced perfectly!! When we visit Meridian, Holiday Inn Express on North Frontage Rd is our home away from home!! There isn't a better place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel on my wedding anniversary, and the staff was very polite during check in. The room was very clean and comfortable. I will refer this hotel to my friends and family. Next time I come to town this is the hotel to be. During check out time the staff was very nice, and they made sure I had a good sleep. Way to go STAFF!!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our nephew was married in Meridian and the Holiday Inn was suggested as the hotel to use since it was convenient to the church and other events associated with the wedding. Service was friendly. We sat in the bar after the rehearsal dinner. The female bartender was very friendly. She obviously had several regulars at the bar, but treated everyone well. Very efficient. Our room was a nice size and the bed was comfy. The location is very convenient just off I20/59. The frontage road is one-way, but there is an exit that allows you to go back on a two-way stretch to get back on the interstate at that intersection.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just checked in tonight after a long drive. I booked through a 3rd party so only paid $83 for my room instead of $118. Everything was perfect except: lack of continental breakfast for price of hotel and the front desk clerk. A friend of hers came by to show her his new car and she was more concerned with talking to him than me. She was checking me in while talking to him but barely said two words to me. Not acceptable behavior. I was too tired to care at the moment, but it bothered me.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear chrissy2386,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the location of our dining area and breakfast options. I am sorry the service you received was less than satisfactory. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59? Share your experiences!