“Just average for a Holiday Inn...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Meridian
Lauderdale, Mississippi
“Just average for a Holiday Inn...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had to spend weekend here due to house problems.

First the good things:
This is a fairly new hotel so everything is in good shape. No stains on ceilings or carpets. Everything works in the room.
The indoor pool was small but great. Big hit with family
The attached restaurant
(Kem's) was okay and convenient but tad pricey for what I got.
Located in a convenient area. Most of the better restaurants and shopping areas are located within a mile from hotel. Most are directly across the Interstate.
Had a little gedunk hidden behind check-in that was nice for snacking.

Now the bad:
Booked a non-smoking room and got a smoking room instead. Don't know why, because it didn't seem that booked. Boy, did it stink.
Because of the way street system is laid out, alot of traffic that missed turn to interstate on-ramp use parking lot as a turnaround. They are often irate and tend to speed within inches of you. Not the hotel's fault but something to be aware of.

Room Tip: Call them to make sure they got you booked in the right room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear thunderguppy,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I am disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn Hotel at the last minute on a return trip from Knoxville to New Orleans. Quite honestly, we had stopped at a rest area and picked up one of those booklets that have coupons in them just to take a look at - tho' these books usually don't have anything we are interested in. Lo and behold, there was a GREAT coupon for this hotel. We weren't far, so we drove there and were able to use the coupon. The hotel is very clean. We made use of the restaurant which is attached to the bar - which was great as we welcomed the chance to have a nice cocktail while waiting on dinner. Each booth has its own TV. The service was great, the drinks great, and the food was good. Our server was a lot of fun. We were very tired, so retired to our room early to watch TV. The room was beautiful. The bathroom was very upscale with nice amenities. Our bed was VERY comfortable and made for a good night's sleep. The only thing that I can say I was NOT pleased about was the fact that we had a room on the end - which should have been great - however, our room shared a wall with the back wall of the elevator shaft! And, the bed backed up to this wall. You could hear the elevators going up and down. It was not loud, but it could be heard every time. I didn't even realize what it was at first. I have a hard time sleeping well in hotels, so I put my earplugs in, and was able to sleep fine. We did not have breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. I would definitely stay here again, but would make sure my bed doesn't back up to the elevator shaft. It is an extremely nice Holiday Inn Hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get a room that backs up to the elevator shaft. This shouldn't be hard, as there shou...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Metro DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a relatively new hotel and both the lobby and rooms are well-decorated. My room was an adequate size. It had a small round table and two chairs, but no desk. If you plan to spend a lot of time working, the room I had would be uncomfortable. Also -- this wast the most poorly-lit hotel room that I've been in for years. Even with all of the lights on, I still had to use a booklight to read in be. Way too dark. The bathroom was fine, although there was mildew in the grout of the shower. Beds were comfortable

The parking lot was nearly full on one of the nights I was there, which was inconvenient.

There is a small convenience-style store by the front desk which is, well, convenient. Staff was friendly. The restaurant was fine for breakfast, but over priced.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Morrisville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Overpriced for Express without usual complimentary breakfast. Lobby coffee available mornings only. Desk staff less than exceptional. Rooms are large, clean and in good repair, however my room was had a musty mildew odor and was very damp feeling. Bathrooms lacked bathmats, but otherwise well appointed. Newest of the two local Holiday Inn Expresses but disappointed overall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear IFly340s,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations especially with the condition of your room. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great location, I was there on a business trip. Great breakfast ,clean room and flat scene TV.
Ordered room service,got a great pizza in thirty min.

Room Tip: All rooms are good,its a new hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

The staff was great, the rooms were almost new. The location was very convenient and could not hear outside noise at all.

The restaurant was laid out in kind of an odd way... but the food was absolutely great. I was told that they had that chef that used to work at Weidmans... I asked for a special twist on my salad and salmon, and it was awesome.

However, the waitress was slooowww

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Nice but overpriced. Clean and comfortable but still overpriced. Nice breakfast room but way to expensive when just grabbing something before hitting the road

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Holiday Inn: Meridian E - I 20/I 59? Share your experiences!