My husband and I stayed here for several weeks on a business trip. The hotel was overall decent. There are several pros and cons:
Pets are free
Internet is free
Big breakfast included
Happy hour included
Nice indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub
Very friendly staff
Bedding is flimsy and outdated, especially for a hotel that was just renovated
Housekeeping is spotty at best
Exactly the same thing for breakfast and happy hour each day
The microwave and fridge in the room are TINY. Fridge is about the size of a microwave and the microwave itself is even smaller.
Had we not had our pet with us we probably would not have stayed here or may have changed hotels after a few days. There are several others in the area. We had to call the front desk nearly every other day to have housekeeping stop by. This was the biggest problem especially since we were trying to eat in our room at least once a day. Sometimes they did not come at all and other times they would not empty our trash or bring towels, etc. It was always something.
The breakfast and happy hour were nice pluses that other hotels don't offer so you really can't complain. You get three drinks per night and there are always snacks. However, know that it is always the exact same. Happy hour: Potato chips, pretzels, tortilla chips with salsa (cheese during the week) and carrots and celery. Breakfast was pretty big and offered more despite being the same every day.
I think if the hotel works on housekeeping service and considers updating the bedding that it would be a superb option in Meridian. Until then I just have to give it an average rating.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Meridian
- Drury Inn & Suites Meridian Hotel Meridian
- Drury Inn & Suites Meridian Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Meridian offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Step into Meridian and step back in time. Learn about the father of country music at the Jimmie Rodger’s Museum, stop by the Causeyville General Store or go for a ride on the historic Dentzel Carousel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Booking.com, Travelocity, Fareportal , Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Meridian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.