“Good home cooking” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Long Beach, Mississippi
“Good home cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We enjoyed the down home cooking at the Dinner Bell, but felt that it was a bit over-rated.

We would go back again, but if the wait appeared to be a long one, we would get in the car and go elsewhere for our meal.

Visited October 2011

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Go to say you've been”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food is comforting. I don't know what they put in the squash but I have been craving it ever since we left. You can read other reviews to see how they "lazy susan" works. Here are the reasons I give it average:

1. The wait was 2.5 hours. During this time you can look inside and watch people eat. I know this makes them feel uncomfortable and rushed, because I did when I was eating. The max-capacity had to have been met and exceeded by 30 people in the waiting area. We were back to back to people you didn't know. Very uncomfortable.

2. Eating with a group of people you don't know can be aggravating and uncomfortable. Especially if there is a pie that you want and you have to wait for it to get all the way to you and hope someone doesn't take it.

3. If you go, take a LOT of people so you can all sit at a table together.

4. The wait honestly wasn't worth it.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Meadville, MS
“Does it get any better?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Southern style home cooking at its best. The Dinner Bell is like Sunday dinner at Grandma's. The round table has a lazy susan and all of the food is placed on it. Diners sit around the table and help themselves as the food is spun around! Be careful with your tea glass because some times the food gets to spinning quickly. Be sure to try the fried eggplant which simply can not be beat. Everything is good. My favorite are the rutabagas and cornbread!

Visited August 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“A Perfect Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Wow! Southern cooking doesn't come any better. This restaurant in a tiny town serves a unique experience along with the best food. A round table of about 18 people with a huge lazy susan serving one tasty dish after the other. Have as many items as you want, as much as you want, it just keeps coming by. This added some fun to a great meal and the kids were fascinated.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brandon
“The Food is Not Consistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We ate here a year ago for a family reunion and the food was subpar. It was not worth what we paid and the service at the tables was non-existent.

My husband and I decided to give it another try a couple of weeks ago and ordered take out. It was $8 a plate and well worth it. If they could work on their consistency I would eat there every time I was in McComb.

Visited May 2012