“Good” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Mississippi
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Typical pizza place with lots of options. Casual atmosphere.

Visited May 2012

80% Recommend
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Our group of eleven loved the food and had a great time. Our server Josh got everyone's order right and kitchen got it all out together.
Pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, it was all good.
We liked the 8" individual pizzas the most. Everyone got exactly what they wanted.
I had the whole wheat and asked to make it thin crust and was surprised to find how tasty their dough is. Ingredients were fresh.
Big screen TV's kept us looking up. Price: not bad.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, MS
“fair pizza, lackluster service, good tamales”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I have been to Soulshine many times, but unfortunately the best things on the menu are the tamales. I have eaten many different types of pizza there trying to find one that 'hits the spot', but I think the problem lies in their sauce - it lacks spice or salt or something, I haven't yet figured out what it is, but the pizza is subpar compared to even most of the pizza chains. The service is going to be slow and at worst, surly, as they have had the same tired waitstaff for several years, and show no signs of revamping their service. I think the final straw for me was when we had a particularly bad service night and the managers were impossible to reach. Won't be returning :(

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Canton, Mississippi
“UNIQUE pizzas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

The menu is fun and if you are w/a group, get different choices so you can share--there is rapid service and it's a casual atmosphere--sometimes loud but not enough to put you off of their great food!

Visited January 2012
Pearl, Mississippi, United States
“They reuse take-home cups.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I went to soulshine pizza with my fiance and a friend. The atmosphere was nice. I didn't really care too much that the waitress got our 'create a pizza' wrong. It wasn't until after I paid the bill that I noticed lipstick on the edge of my cup. My fiance doesn't wear lipstick so we knew it had been there already. The cups are plastic 'take home' cups that you can't really wash. Explained to the manager how I was disgusted by the cup, and while she agreed, the only consolation she offered was a free drink to take home. The cups are already take home cups... and why would I want a new cup when I know they reuse those cups they shouldn't reuse and don't wash them properly on top of that?

• Visited January 2012