“Average !!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Madison, Mississippi
“Average !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Way to expensive for what it is.. Food is kind of good but the price turned me off. The owners were very friendly but still did not make up for the expensive food

Greenville
“Nice people but average food and pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We ordered one regular shrimp and fried green tomato po boy and one large shrimp and fried green tomato po boy. We had two soft drinks for 42.00. We didn't get any side items with it. I thought this was expensive. The food was alright. I would not go back or recommend it.

Visited January 2014
Madison, MS
“Excellent Shrimp Platter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I have been wanting to try this place. The owners were recently featured in Metro Christian magazine.

We went on a Friday night and it was crowed. I ordered the shrimp platter and my wife had a okra stew. The shrimp was excellent! You get a salad and a choice of a side. The okra stew was good, but she got tired of it pretty quick.

My biggest complaint, is my meal was brought out probably. 5 minutes before her 's. Would have rather it be better timed so we could enjoy our meal together.

Both meals and a tea was $40 + which was a bit pricey in my opinion.

Would try Shrimp PoBoy next time.

Byram, Mississippi
“Wasn't what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had high hopes for this place as my friend has raved about the food. After months of trying to get by here, I finally found a reason to try it as I took my friend for dinner for Father's Day.

He ordered the chicken tender platter and I got a bowl of gumbo (no rice) and small shrimp po-boy. His food came out about 6 minutes before mine. And when it did we were a little shocked. The tenders looked like something you can get anywhere. And there was nothing "Cajun" about them. He had to ask for a sauce because none came with the plate. My friend enjoyed his loaded baked potato and salad but was very disappointed in the tenders.

Not getting rice with the gumbo was a mistake. While it was loaded with shrimp and sausage, there was no okra or other typical veggies in it. So once all the meat was gone, I was left with a bunch of juice. The shrimp po-boy was very good. The shrimp was plump and good perfectly and they were plentiful. The bread was crunchy but maintained a softness that did not make it difficult to eat. The only thing I didn't like was it had mayo on it. To say this is a Cajun restaurant I expected some sort of cajun sauce on it. I would have settled for remoulade or cocktail sauce. As I don't care for mayo this made me not fully appreciate the sandwich.

Overall, it was an ok experience. The owner came out to greet dinners which was a nice touch. Even though my first time was not that great, I plan to go back again and give it another shot.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mckinney, TX
“Great Cajun food in Madison, MS - Who would believe it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I wandered into Kent's after reading about Madison having a good Cajun resturant and was very pleased to find that the review was spot on. The oysters, baked potato, salad were well prepared and as good as you expect from someone who understands how to get the best out of cajun food. The fried green tomatoes were TO DIE FOR!!! - thinly sliced green tomatoes battered and depth fried to a golden brown / if you don't order these on your visit you are missing a real treat.

Being on the road in my job, I took advantage of my budget and went back the following night to get the New Orleans gumbo that had tempted me the first night. The gumbo was a treat with crab, oysters, sasuage, shrimp and spiced a little light but I rememdied that will Louisana hot sauce. All the flavors meld together to provide a dish that I will return for on my next trip to Madison.

As a small family run cafe with a great wait staff and chef you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013