“Eaten 3 times at 463 = GREAT everytime” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mckinney, TX
“Eaten 3 times at 463 = GREAT everytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have eaten 3 different evening meals @ 463 over a period of 3 months and they were all excellent. The bar does a great job and is well stocked with lots of variety.
The service is super and the wait staff is attentive but not hovering around the table. Ambiance is well done and if you didn't know you were in Jackson you could believe that you were in a top resturant in Atlanta or Dallas.
I would recommend their flank steak if you are a beef person or I have had 2 different fish dsihes that were top shelf.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Mississippi
“Very good, fun place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a great meal at Local 463 with friends, food was very good, we all had seafood and all were pleased. I had Arugula Salad with Apples to start and it was awsome, one of the best salads i have ever had. Wine list was above average the service was good. Server was a local artist that we had a connection with so she sketched us a little happy on my napkin, which was a nice touch. Thanks Candi.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brandon, MS
“Yummy! But bring a sweater...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I wanted to try out a new restaurant for lunch one weekday (last week). The restaurant itself is small with the tables kind of smushed. The booths looked spacious and private enough. But the interior floor tables were more closely nestled than I would like. I also thought it was amusing that the bench in the waiting area is so full of decorative pillows, it's impossible to sit on it. lol

We were promptly seated and within seconds remarked how cold it was. REALLY cold. Now, I'm cold-natured anyway but my husband is far from it and even he was uncomfortable. The waiter was gracious enough to seat us outside on a very lovely patio/courtyard. It was very private and quiet and we loved the fountain.

Our new waitress accommodated a few questions about ingredients (my husband is celiac). My husband ordered the redfish (house special) and I ordered the rosemary honey-glazed fried chicken. Both came with a garlic mash [potatoes] and French green beans. We laughed that you literally get 6 beans. The meat was an ample portion for both of us though. (And to be fair, on the menu they offer entrees as either small or large; presumably a lunch fare and dinner fare.)

While this is an upper-scale place with quality food, we still felt the prices were slightly high.

The food was delicious. We cleaned our plates - and I mean CLEANED our plates. We look forward to return trips for a good meal!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went for our anniversary and we really enjoyed ourselves! Lisa was our waitress and she was great. She knew the menu and was enthusiastic about the food and the chef. She made the dining experience go from good to fabulous! When we go back we will ask for her again.
We enjoyed our time at local 463 and we will go back! Thank you Tina and the staff at Local 463!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Estherville, Iowa
“Southern comfort meets heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Local 463 last night. Our waitress Stephanie and the rest of the wait staff did an amazing job. Our cocktails and water glasses were never empty, our plates were cleared promptly after the courses were finished. The food was exceptional! We had the Fried Green Tomatoes Napolean with crawfish, they were lightly breaded with a generous amount of crawfish. For the main courses my husband had the Dr Pepper short ribs, which were tender and flavorful. I chose the halibut which was served with charred tomatoes, sweet peas and shiitake mushrooms, it was a generous portion full of flavor.The Heath bar blondie with ice cream and chocolate sauce was absolutely delicious!We will return again and again.

Visited May 2013