“Pulled pork sandwich” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Lucedale
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Pulled pork sandwich”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Pulled pork sandwich was OK for lunch. Small amount of meat on a big bun. Baked beans were better. I guess this is the only BBQ place in town. I didn't get to try the ribs. The scenery inside is fantastic though!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Don't be foolish; get the ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We failed to order ribs with our meal. Dinner was good, but waitress insisted we not leave until we tried their ribs. I think she might have been an angel in disguise.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Absolutely the best ribs in America, maybe the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My work takes me all over the country and being from Alabama I do love BBQ so I always try the local flavor. We've got some pretty good ribs and Q in Bama, but Hokies is absolutely the best I've eaten anywhere. The ribs are the most tender I've ever had and they do literally fall off the bone and the flavor can't be beat. Their smoked potato salad and baked beans are also the best in the West, or North, South or East. Did I say I like their ribs? If you have an occasion to be in South Mississippi be sure to check out Hokies. You'll be glad you did and sad if you don't!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious BBQ and freindly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The food is hot and has delicious BBQ flavor. Service is excellent. The Portions are more than enough. Prices are very reasonable.

Visited May 2013
Lucedale, Mississippi
“are you open? have a table? want our business?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband is a carnivore so he enjoys the meat.. I like the chicken okay but would like a decent side dish.. not one here for me. tiny seating area with sticky floors and tables. Last time we went (he and grandchildren chose for meat) we walked in and stood at the door.. in the front door... people coming in behind us... waiting... waiting... waiting... the girls (yes more than one) at the register just looked at us. people behind us asked if we were waiting.. duh... so we waited a bit longer and left... oh well.. tried once more with some ladies from work.. same story second verse.. there will not be a third verse .

Visited July 2012