“Almost really good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Clinton, Mississippi
“Almost really good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The pictures are pre-katrina. It is a nicer place with inside and outside dining. Nice view. The service is definitely too slow as others have said. There is plenty of wait staff, so it must be the kitchen. Not so bad that you will walk out. Maybe they are trying to sell more drinks. Old trick.
THe appetizers were good. Fried shrooms, good gumbo. Nice salad. The boiled shrimp were fine, as were the boiled potatoes (hard to screw up) and the fried corn. I ordered the redfish special, grilled. It was a nice fillet and looked great. Then I tried it and it was so salty that I almost sent it back. I scraped the seasoning off enough to eat it. I am not sure what in the world they were thinking. They poured the cajun seasoning to it, but it had more salt than anyone would use if they only tried it. And I like salt. We will go again, but I will be a little more careful.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chalmette, Louisiana
“Food was good but service was slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The food was quite good but there was no air conditioning in the restrooms and the service was slow. The restaurant was decorated nicely and there's windows all around the dining area which gives a nice view of the beach.

Visited May 2014
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Tons of seafood, friendly on the wallet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Best gator Po'boy ever! Unfortunately, my husband ordered it and I had to venture outside of my comfort zone and order the crawfish. I wished I knew they sold this by the pound, instead of getting three pounds of the nasty creepy crawly creatures! Be advised to get a SMALL portion and be shown how to eat it. Do not act like you know what you are doing if you have never done, or you will be like me and eat all the crap that RUINS the whole thing! Crawfish is good in gumbo and other things, but as a whole, I'm not a southerner I guess! Taste like rotted ocean water to me. The oysters were delicious and the gumbo fantastic as well! My husband ate a good portion of the crawfish and I tigered into his Po'boy. I found this very reasonably priced after eating at Blue crabhouse. I can't give them a poor rating for crawfish because it's not their fault i'm not into the creatures but it was an outstanding deal considering the portion side

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Andrews, North Carolina
“Mediocre food, mediocre service, high prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We tried the Cajun Crawfish Hut for dinner this evening and were quite disappointed. I had an oyster po-boy -- a six-inch po-boy (with fries) that cost over ten bucks. It was just o.k. My wife's house special -- angel hair pasta with catfish and crawfish sauce -- was also just o.k. The service was slow, but the waitress was personable enough, not enough though to make up for an otherwise disappointing dining experience... You can do much better at Harbor View just down the beach to the west where you will get better food and better service at a better price.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Guntersville, Alabama
“Great Crawfish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were craving crawfish, since they are now in season. I had a cup of gumbo to start, it was spiced just right. We ordered the 3 lb platter of crawfish (mudbugs, if you will), it came with corn on the cob and new potatoes, more than enough for 2. The food, service were both excellent. Will be on my list of places to stop by, whenever I am in Long Beach.

• Visited March 2014