“Nice for the night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Long Beach
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Nice for the night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The room wasn't awful, but we had an iffy experience.
The location was great, right across the street from the beach and perfectly easy to cross. It was also a less busy area than Gulfport and Biloxi which I liked.
Check-in went smoothly and our room looked comfortable and clean upon arrival.
We thought it was odd that the coffee pot was in the bathroom. Not sure if all the rooms are like this, or if anyone else thinks this is strange considering there are other places it could go?
Our showers were anything but enjoyable, although I did alert the front-desk upon checking out. The tub was not draining properly and I was standing in about 4" of water during my shower. I was not very pleased with this. I did not call them at the time, because it was probably 9-10pm and I was already showering. Plus we were only staying the one night. As I said, I told them about it when I was checking out, so hopefully they had a plumber come and fix the issue.
We did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast so I cannot say anything about this.
Oh, I also thought it was weird that there were only 4 pillows on the king bed. I'm not too picky but it looked very bare and silly when we walked in, and an additional 1-2 pillows would have been nice for sleeping.
We were staying here during a road trip across the South and this was probably my least favorite hotel. I think we were just unlucky in the room though. Overall, the hotel seemed nice and clean and in a great location. I would consider staying here again, but may browse at other hotels in making my decision.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were travelling and I reserved the room there just a couple of hours before arriving. Issac had been through there a couple of weeks before but you wouldn't have known it at the hotel. Everything was cleaned up and the room was great. We could look out the window and see the beach across the street. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Nice size.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hawesville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here the night before they evacuated everyone because of Hurrican Issac. When we arrived they had the bottom floor pretty well cleared out of furniture and such, which was understandable, still nice at check in but warned us we may have to leave early because of evacuation. You could tell they were nervous. Room was nice, clean and we had a nice view of the beach which is just across the highway from the hotel. Things were quiet but didn't seem like there were many people there. Went down to breakfast the next morning, decent Holiday Inn meal, lot of nervousness watching the TV but again everyone nice. The front desk kept us informed on what was going on and when the decision was made to evacuate, they called us. We were offered another hotel more inland to stay at but we declined to head home. Overall, considering the weather, they treated us very nice and I would recommend a stay here to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Great place as I transitioned into the area. The breakfast staff was amazing and truly cared about us. My daughter got sick while we were staying there and the lady at breakfast was so helpful trying to help her get well (orange juice and fruit). It was an overall good stay. The only thing I didn't like was that I was there for ten days and the rate changed for Friday and Saturday. This may be an industry standard but it wasn't something that I believed was right.

• Stayed August 2012
Kaysville, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Dates: 08/30/12

Had reserved this hotel through Priceline. Priceline canceled reservation due to Hurricane Isaac. Hotel reopened on our scheduled arrival so we drove there anyway. Upon arrival I was told that they could not offer us our Priceline rate and that we should contact Priceline. I tried, but since they had refunded our money, there wasn't anything they could do.

Now, to my complaint. We had just been through the hurricane in New Orleans. We were displaced travelers from Utah. Not knowing where to go, what to do. I felt like the staff could care less. I realize they were dealing with wet carpets from the storm, which looked to me like it happens all the time.

I cannot believe they were not more flexible with their rate - especially given that they undoubtedly had numerous cancellations from the storm. You would think they would like to have as many rooms rented as possible, but apparently not! Even when I asked about their Government rate, I was treated poorly.

Whatever, we went down the street to the Four Points by Sheraton and were given an even better rate than my Priceline rate for the Holiday Inn... Way nicer hotel and staff.

Very unimpressed Holiday Inn... thanks for nothing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay as we transitioned to living on the Gulf Coast. The staff were friendly and when faced with the threat of a hurricane called me to let me know we may need to evacuate, well ahead of the storm.
The breakfast was consistent and had a variety to choose from. I wish I had gotten the lady's name that served the breakfast as her hospitality and dedication to customer service deserves a "shout out". Oh yeah, they have a really cool machine that makes fresh pancakes while you wait and cinnamon rolls that will make you long to come back there just for the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days and loved it! The staff was always very hospitable and friendly, rooms were very clean, and the location was amazing. This hotel sits right across the street from the beach but we never had any trouble at all crossing the road. The location is ideal, being in the more residential, quiet area, but there is plenty to do just about 2 miles up the road in Gulfport. The beaches were beautiful. There was a little tar, but you had to look to find it. The beaches in this area are very shallow with rippling waves. This is a gret place to vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Long Beach? Share your experiences!